Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Culver City, CA
Controller - Funimation
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for a Controller to join our team. The Controller will oversee and lead the accounting team and provide financial leadership across our business. The ideal candidate will leverage their deep experience in senior accounting roles. The candidate will have a strong feel for accounting process improvement and be able to manage reporting in a fast scaling business. The Controller will report to the Funimation CFO.
• Manage all accounting operations, including cash, billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax compliance, inventory accounting, and revenue recognition
• Oversee and direct all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings, ensuring timely, accurate, and reliable information
• Lead the preparation of consolidated financial statements for Funimation and all international companies with multiple levels of consolidation, internal reporting and external reporting to our parent company (SPE)
• Review, analyze, and improve standard monthly reporting (revenue and cost variance analysis)
• Manage regular financial review meetings and management meetings
• Evaluate existing and new accounting rules and recommend appropriate actions and/or procedures
• Manage and lead all compliance controls ensuring execution and completion in accordance with Funimation and SPE policies
• Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations
• Lead initiatives & ad hoc accounting projects to constantly improve process & productivity - adding more value to the business, reducing redundancy, inefficiencies & creating more opportunities to scale up
• Coordinate the preparation of the support needed relating to national and international government tax and regulatory reporting
• Create a high performance and engaged team, attracting and developing talent to increase the overall financial capability of the accounting staff by providing supervision and coaching
• Minimum 10 years' accounting experience, with 5+ years as a senior level accounting or finance manager
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field
• Exceptional understanding of GAAP and IFRS
• Experience in entertainment, digital media, or technology is a plus
• CPA or public accounting experience is a plus
• Experience working with NetSuite implementation & accounting system is a plus
• Global mind-set: thinking and acting for both local and global needs
• Proven excellent leadership skills, with the ability to influence also in positions of no direct authority and across international teams
• Ability to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener. You place the success of the company ahead of any particular idea
• Highly articulate and an excellent communicator, with strong influencing skills and the ability to communicate well with peers and senior executives, locally and in different regions
• Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a project go well. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it
• Excellent people management skills and experience of managing teams, preferably through a period of change
• Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
Funimation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Funimation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site