Associate Director, Data Management
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
Systems & Asset Administrator
Why this could be your next big break:
From our recently renovated recording studios in Hollywood, under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for independent judgment and decision making, the Systems & Asset Administrator is responsible for music asset management and studio systems administration (with support from WMG IT) including general studio electronics and connectivity, security infrastructure, and company-wide music asset ingestion, distribution, and archiving via various platforms.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee quality control, ingestion, and bi-monthly distribution of 500+ albums per year, including metadata and artwork for both WCPM and third-party libraries through various hosting and distribution platforms (e.g. Harvest Media, SynchTank, SourceAudio, client systems, etc.).
• Oversee search our site databases, including administration of users and managing content.
• Oversee our Salesforce database and platform development with WMG support and resources.
• Order and fulfill client hard drive orders and digital deliveries (or designate personnel to fulfill as needed).
• Work with WMG IT to integrate WCPM's metadata into Tango and other systems, including providing registration data to Copyright Administration on a timely basis
• Oversee installation of studio software, hardware and peripheral components, such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and other electrical/electronic devices.
• Liaise with WMG IT and recording studio staff for systems operation; diagnose hardware issues and operator problems; manage software updates; recommend or perform minor remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation.
• Provide requirements and templates internally and externally to ensure accurate metadata formatting.
• Ensure and validate timely delivery of music content to external client systems, search platforms, aggregators, and sub-publishers with QC review.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Oversee quality control for art files, batch metadata, and batch audio files on SynchTank and SourceAudio platforms.
• Work with Production Department to help facilitate necessary metadata changes and updates.
• Liaise regularly with third party catalogs in a professional, friendly and efficient manner to collect audio files, metadata and assets for ingestion.
• Work with Project Manager to ensure all assets corresponding to a wholly-owned release are collected and organized.
• Work with Production Department to establish release dates for albums.
• Oversee regular/daily back-ups and archiving of all audio, data, and art files and sessions.
• Coordinate with Project Manager on asset workflow via BOX or related asset management systems for production staff and external producers/composers, i.e., control access privileges, file organization, etc.
• Help Production Department establish and update production workflow procedures including metadata protocol and audio specs for incoming audio.
• Work with Project Manager to help live tracking prep including cable routing between rooms as needed for LA studio.
• Oversee website functionality including tracks not playing, delay in track loading, misalignment of cover art, etc.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A baccalaureate degree with emphasis in computer science, information technology, computer engineering or information technology management with 5+ years of experience in one or more of these fields
• Excellent communication skills with strong EQ component, both written and verbal
• Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
• Extensive metadata experience
• Ability to be innovative and think outside the box to suggest change and improvements
• Anticipate needs and take initiative to create efficient and effective processes
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site