Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a strong QA lead with experience in providing quality assurance to large-scale, performant software systems within the media industry. The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for managing the QA team as well as providing regression testing and ongoing QA for all of our software applications & products in order to help reduce risk and bad user experience for all of our site.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Platform for Nexstar Digital, the right candidate will work closely with other stakeholders from Product, Scrum, Business Intelligence, and Data teams to drive and maintain the overall QA strategy, process and test plans throughout the Nexstar Publishing Group. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, passionate manager with a strong background of providing quality assurance for multiple products and releases, developing automation, as well as mentoring other members of the QA team. The desired candidate would also be responsible for building & communicating an ongoing manual & automation test plan for Nexstar's wide range of digital products.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable with technical requirements, front end/back end functional testing, automated testing, mentor QA team members, manage a team of QA team members and the ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the team in agile methodology.
• Delivering and executing a test plan for each release across multiple teams.
• Maintain master regression tests across multiple teams and products.
• Enforcing consistent QA standards and processes.
• Collaborating with product owners, engineers and data scientists to seamlessly test multiple products.
• Championing best QA practices
• Provide ongoing regression and smoke testing
• Multisite wordpress QA & testing
• Continuously provide quality assurance for an enterprise platform and code base.
• Manage and mentor a QA team
• Balance the testing workload assignments for team members
• Strong experience with testing automation
• Strong developer experience preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
• 3+ years of experience managing QA teams
• 3+ years experience with employee development, performance management and delivering regression testing within schedule and budget constraints
• 10+ years of experience as a quality assurance analyst
• Must be comfortable building & communicating regression test plans for an enterprise platform and suite of supporting applications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact well with stakeholders, to understand business testing requirements.
• Past experience in the media and broadcasting industry highly desired
• Past experience in Wordpress testing or enterprise .php applications
• Strong cultural and team leadership skills, experience with Agile
• Understanding of Object Oriented Design, and microservices
• Knowledge and testing experience
• Mobile applications
• Testing Automation - Selenium protractorJS
About Nexstar Digital
Nexstar's digital media products and services focus on providing innovative solutions to audiences, clients and any business looking to gain an edge in the shifting digital landscape. Along with Nexstar's dedication to providing local news, entertainment and sports content through its digital platforms, Nexstar Digital's companies provide digital publishing and content management platforms, a video advertising platform, digital agency services and other digital media solutions to publishers and advertisers.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site