Software Development Engineer
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair Digital is a division of Sinclair Broadcast Group with dual headquarters in Seattle, WA and Hunt Valley, MD. Sinclair Digital was formed in February of 2014 with the goal of making the nation's largest broadcaster a leader in digital media and content distribution on all platforms. In the past 5 years, Sinclair Digital has amassed a 100+person team of innovative leaders, designers, developers and testers that are launching digital properties and new brands on web, mobile, and ott devices that reach more then 40 million people every month. This effort is powered by a proprietary media management and publishing platform that automates processes and production of content in unique and compelling ways.
Sinclair Digital is looking for a qualified Product Designer to join our design team! You will work cross functionally with the Product Design Team to bring new features and iterative improvements to life and work to ship them with the product and engineering teams.
You'll be a great fit if you have a track record of shipping high quality products, a deep understanding of user experience best practices and trends, and a robust set of skills working with modern design tools and design libraries. The ability to rapidly execute on new ideas and try new techniques will set you apart from the rest.
As part of the growing design team at Sinclair Digital, you'll be able to make an impact on our process and culture. Excellent oral and written communication skills are an important part of what we do as a team and company. We're a fun group of nice people that value empathy and humor in everything we do.
• Work closely with the team to define, scope, build, test, and launch features for our sports-related and video-streaming products
• Create visual concepts and design patterns for Sinclair Digital's connected products
• Deliver clear and complete wireframes
• Design easy-to-use and accurate user interfaces
• Update and maintain design pattern libraries
• Advocate for design and accessibility best practices
• A current portfolio that includes design work in a variety of products that have shipped
• 2+ years as a UX designer, product designer, mobile designer, or similar
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Expertly skilled at taking an ambiguous problem and seeking concrete answers
• Demonstrated understanding of information hierarchy and typography
• Ability to take initiative and move a project from inception to launch
• Mastery of Sketch or similar interface design tools
• Experience building and maintaining design pattern libraries
• Experience with low to medium fidelity prototyping tools
• Demonstrated experience working on multiple platforms (web, mobile, OTT)
BONUS POINTS If you have any experience working on sports-related products.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site