Senior Software Engineer, Tools and Automation - Video Platform
New York, NY US
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
Disney Streaming Services is an environment for the creative and the bold. We're seeking talent across disciplines to join our team to help build a world class live media streaming platform that spans the globe. Whether New York City or San Francisco, we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
The Instrumentation Engineering team, which is responsible for global platform monitoring, metrics & alerting is hiring. We are looking for a Mid-Level Infrastructure Engineer with a keen interest in monitoring and metrics and how they power the Disney+ platform.
The ideal candidate has a rich and diverse technical background, is creative, and passionate about monitoring & performance
Your typical day in Instrumentation Engineering includes designing and developing monitoring tools as well as building infrastructure to support the DSS environment and its related clients in a multi-datacenter Linux based hybrid cloud, bare metal and AWS environment.
Candidates should have 3 years of experience in the field.
If you think you can apply your skill set to some, or all of the following, we would love the opportunity to speak with you!
• Detailed experience with bash/sh shell scripting
• Detailed experience with Python or go languages
• Familiarity with devops practices
• Experience using debugging tools (gdb, strace, lsof, ltrace)
• Experience with git version control system
• Broad UNIX/Linux System Administration abilities
• Demonstrable knowledge of RedHat based package management, including SPEC design and GPG signed RPM builds
• Experience building applications from source
• Experience with building scalable, & redundant monitoring infrastructure utilizing RHEV/or OpenStack, and/or AWS
• Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Cloudfront) or similar
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with RHEV
• Strong experience with Graphite/Grafana Metrics framework or similar time series DB platforms
• Strong experience with ELK (ElasticSearch Logstash Kibana) logging framework
• Experience with Nagios or Nagios fork platforms a plus
• Experience with Cassandra, Kafka a plus
• Experience with Sensu monitoring framework or similar
• Experience with Icinga Monitoring Framework or similar
• Knowledge of layer2/3 switching, VLAN, VXLAN, inter-VLAN routing, LACP
• Knowledge of BIND DNS (nsupdate, dnssec, stubs, delegation)
• Knowledge of SNMP, IPMI
• Experience with AAA methods; FreeIPA. LDAP, AD, PAM, SSH, Kerberos, Radius, SAML
• Experience with load-balancing/traffic management platforms (haproxy, nginx, etc)
Automation / Continuous Integration:
• Experience with automated integration tools such as Jenkins, Rundeck
• Experience with Unit Testing and supporting automation techniques
• Strong experience with Ansible/Puppet
• Comfortable with Jira project management
• Strong interpersonal skills a must
• Strong written and verbal communication skills a must
• Ability to work independently with external teams a must
• Exposure to streaming media general practices a plus