Senior Software Engineer, Partner Developer Experience
Los Gatos, CA US
Our Partner Developer Experience (PDX) team is focused on helping engineers around the world deploy the Netflix application quickly, with the highest levels of quality. We do this by deploying and operating tools and services that rapidly bring the Netflix experience to new platforms and architectures like smart TVs, set-top boxes, and streaming sticks in a way that brings joy to our viewers.
The solutions created by this team are used by all the major TV and device manufacturers like Samsung, Sony, Google, and Amazon around the world that result in enabling hundreds of millions of devices worldwide to play Netflix.
We build systems and applications that maximizes scaling efficiencies for thousands of partners across the globe for integrating their devices on the Netflix platform. We enable partners to roll-out the latest streaming experiences with 4K playback and fast startup. We also work with partners to provide more device coverage in new markets!
In this role, you will work on impactful projects that range from creating tools and platforms for test automation to collecting and providing meaningful insights from pre-production partner devices (TVs and Set-top-boxes) that integrate with the Netflix application. If you are looking to help drive our quality and grow the business by developing solutions for our partner integrations, then this job is for you!
To learn more about our teams, feel free to listen to this podcast.
What you will be doing
• Design and develop systems, applications, toolkits and utilities with a keen eye on scalability, reliability and usability.
• Partner closely with engineers, product managers and stakeholders across cross-functional teams to define technical requirements matched by flawless execution.
• Build user-facing tools that include both applications with rich user interface and intuitive command-line tools.
• Design data systems and pipelines with a focus on minimalism without sacrificing efficiency.
• Leverage the rich ecosystem provided by Netflix infrastructure (Spinnaker, Titus, Metaflow, to name a few) to build scalable microservices on AWS cloud.
What we are looking for
• 7+ years of experience in software development releasing products.
• Proficiency in one or more of NodeJS, Java, Python.
• Knowledge of database systems both SQL and NoSQL, preferably in the AWS cloud.
• Machine Learning experience is a plus.
• Outstanding communicators who are curious, flexible and selfless.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site