Seattle, WA US
Core Duties / Responsibilities
• The core focus for our DevOps Engineers is to think about how to automate everything relating to code deployments and creating self-service tools for our development teams to minimize the dependencies on our Web Operations team.
• You will work closely with our development teams to understand their pain-points and provide automated solutions while building and fostering relationships.
• You will provide input to the DevOps team around ideas you have for improving and making DevOps processes faster and more efficient through automation and creating reusable components.
The DevOps engineer core duties and responsibilities fall into these 4 buckets:
• Attend meetings on our quarterly ''objective based'' projects that are assigned to you so that you understand and communicate back to the Ops team the objective summary & development requirements.
• Provide expertise and guidance as it relates infrastructure options, risks, impact and cost.
• Responsible for developing and building IT solutions, install and configure solutions, implement reusable components, translate technical requirements, assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates.
• Writing Infrastructure as Code using Terraform and CloudFormation scripts.
• Build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology such as Puppet.
• Writing Jenkins jobs to create deployment pipelines.
• Using CloudBees Core to better manage our Jenkins infrastructure.
• Using Kubernetes Clusters and Helm charts to deploy and manage our applications in containers.
• Using Rancher to manage our Kubernetes Clusters and get better visibility, security and monitoring within our Kubernetes clusters.
• Leveraging AWS services as needed to help with automation and hosting solutions such as Secrets Manager, Lambda/Fargate, ElasticSearch, etc.…
Maintenance & Problem Solving
• Routine application maintenance tasks are an ongoing responsibility of DevOps Engineers that they accomplish via strategy-building techniques. Help create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance. Troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those errors.
• Leverage monitoring tools such as Splunk and New Relic to identify and pinpoint issues within our AWS ecosystem.
- Required: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited
college -OR- A four-year high school diploma or its
educational equivalent and 10 years of experience in IT
- Required: 5+ years' experience in DevOps, Systems
engineering & production web hosting environment and
3+ years in software development and/or scripting
Skills and/or Knowledge
• Containers/Tools & Virtualization (Docker, Kubernetes,
ECS, EKS, EC2)
• CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Puppet, Foreman, RunDeck,
• High Level Programing Language | Coding/Scripting
experience required – Bash, Groovy, Ruby or Python.
• Infrastructure as Code – Terraform, Helm,
• Ability and experience installing, configuring and
optimizing performance on Linux (Debian/Apache or
CentOS/NGINX) operating systems.
• Experience with the following technologies required:
Linux/Debian/CentOS, Apache, NGINX, MySQL,
PostgresSQL, MongoDB, NFS, SSL, DNS/Bind,
common internet protocols, Akamai edge caching.
• Solid understanding of networking (VPC) and load
balancing (ALB/ELB) concepts within AWS. Experience
with F5, HAProxy,
• Knowledge and experience writing plugins or running
queries for monitoring tools such as New Relic, Splunk
• A solid understanding of revision control systems such
as GitHub including feature branches, committing code,
pull, pushes, etc.…Management of GitHub Enterprise
account a plus.
• Knowledge of DNS, domain registration and hosting.
• Experience setting up and configuring AWS production
environments and AWS Services/tools.
• Strong focus on organization and attention to detail,
writing spec and project plans.
• Ability to work well in a team environment as well as
independently as required
• Highly motivated & driven team player
• Proficiency in English language, verbal and written with
ability to build and foster relationships
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at
any time in the future.
• A foundation in ITIL processes coupled with an
understanding of how these processes are implemented
and managed in a critical service delivery environment
- A Bachelor's degree in a related IT field + 5 years IT
- 5+ years' experience in DevOps, Systems engineering &
production web hosting environment and 5+ years in
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site