Beijing, CN CN
Hulu’s Content Discovery team is seeking a Principal Software Development Lead who will be an outstanding addition to our engineer team to lead the effort of personalized recommendation platform. As a Principal Software Development Lead at Hulu, you will lead world-class engineering team and work with product and research partners on innovations with groundbreaking technologies. An ideal candidate will be a role model for the software engineers, with a proven track record of leading large scale projects that is deployed into highly scalable production systems, and have experience on mentoring and guiding software engineers and engineers leads on both technical and career development. If you are someone who is passionate on leading team and making impact with technologies, then this is an excellent role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Define, design and implement personalized recommendation platform and drive Hulu product innovation and improve user experience.
• Lead and build a world-class, high-performing software development team in Hulu Beijing office.
• Lead, coach and mentor junior Dev Leads and team members, to build and improve system performance, stability and scalability.
• Collaborate with researcher, and product managers in an open, creative environment.
• Embed yourself into Content Discovery engineering team, to contribute knowledge, experience and vision for a better organization.
WHAT TO BRING
• BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
• 8+ years professional software development experience in using C, C++, Go, Python or Java
• 5+ years experience in managing software development teams.
• Experience in building large scale distributed computation system or other backend services with proven records.
• Deep understanding about on-line system operation process.
• Have experience and knowledge on building machine learning based system.
• Independence and an eagerness to learn new technologies. Solid ability to solve complex technical problems.
• Passionate about designing and building systems to enable personalized experiences.
• Outstanding communication and collaboration skills, used to work with multinational teams which located in different countries.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
• Fluent English in reading, writing and speaking.
• Research background or have experience of close collaboration with research team.