Manager, Ecommerce - Consumer Products
Los Angeles, CA US
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment because we believe there is a better way to watch. Like our customers, we love movies and TV shows and we want the world to experience the joy of entertainment wherever and whenever they want.
To succeed at promoting our exclusive, original series around the globe, we need an unparalleled level of consumer insight to understand what motivates 'must watch' entertainment moments, member love, and conversation.
In this role, you will focus on all things series - and especially nonfiction / reality / unscripted series - from understanding how TV viewing habits are changing among consumers across the globe, to working with individual titles at various stages of their life cycles. Series-focused work could include strategic research to expand established franchises, long-lead positioning studies to understand which of a series' assets are most marketable, evaluation of creative marketing materials to help sell our series effectively in nuanced global markets… and much more!
A deep understanding of television/film consumers - e.g. from having worked at a network, studio, production company, or on the research agency side - is likely to be critical for success in this role. If you don't have that, but still think you can nail this job, let us know why.
Senior Researcher is a valued consumer consultant who partners with our content team to help them tell incredible stories, and the marketing team to help them develop world class campaigns that get people talking. You will work closely with these teams to understand their insights needs, determine what's a priority for the business, then develop and execute best-in-class research to address them.
We seek an individual who sees themselves in the following descriptions:
Has a wealth of entertainment industry experience - specifically in the Nonfiction & Reality TV space:
• Well-versed in entertainment research (TV/film/gaming), specifically around content development and marketing strategy
• Has partnered closely with development, production or marketing teams in the nonfiction & reality space
• A deep interest for a range of reality TV, nonfiction shows (from lifestyle to competition to docu-series and more), and how the genre connects to pop culture - e.g. could spend hours discussing why social experiments are having a 'moment'
• Has a proven track record of applying insights to make a nonfiction series or marketing campaign its best self
• Deep knowledge & ability to speak to consumer & content trends impacting the nonfiction & reality entertainment landscape (ideally globally)
• Strong knowledge of third party research vendors and insight partners with nonfiction & reality expertise
Is a standout internal consultant:
• Is seen as a trusted and essential advisor to internal clients
• Understands how to turn consumer findings from ''here's what they said...'' into actionable insights that move the business forward
• Tells compelling stories using insights - connecting dots and surfacing learnings from past research to apply today; looks for themes and big ideas across work, and socializes them without prompting
• Has experience socializing research findings across different departments - content, PR, social, creative - and can pivot to the needs of each
• Is a phenomenal communicator, written and verbal - can write concise, thoughtful summaries on short timelines for executive audiences
• Grasps overall business objectives and larger strategic context of any work that is done
Is a stellar researcher:
• Experience with qual and quant research - comfortable managing both, and knows how to execute research projects from the ground up
• Knowledgeable in research screenings, series development research, positioning/brand studies, materials testing
• Experience managing research in international markets is highly preferred, but not required
• Loves rolling their sleeves up and diving into projects - you may use vendors, but if needed, you could also do most research tasks yourself
• Knows how to identify the true business question, and design a research project to meet the needs of that question
Is a great team member:
• Is a self-starter, but loves working in a team and wants to avoid a silo environment
• Thrives in an environment of collaboration and open feedback; values inclusion & compassion
• Ideally 6+ years of hands-on experience in a market research agency or department (ideally a mix)
• At least 2 years of primary research experience in content development and marketing for film, TV series or gaming titles is required
• University Degree preferred
• Proficient in presentation, spreadsheet or word processing software
• On the ground experience in markets outside the US is ideal, but not required
• Experience presenting / socialising insights at all levels of an organisation (and especially to non-researchers)
Our company culture is a bit unique, and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more at www.netflix.com/jobs
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site