ART DIRECTOR (UNTITLED CG ANIMATION SERIES)
About The Brand
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others. Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell. Join us!
Overview and Responsibilities
• Nickelodeon is producing a new take on a beloved Sci-Fi franchise and seeks one exceptional Art Director to lead design teams. This project is an Amblin-inspired adventure/comedy series. Think ''The Iron Giant'' meets ''The Goonies'', but set in the near future.
• Working closely with the Executive Producers to create the overall aesthetic of the show.
• Work with the Supervising Director and CG supervisor to problem solve any concerns with scripts.
• Create and oversee concept art.
• Create Color scripts for each episode.
• Oversee Background, prop and character design teams, ensuring they match the aesthetic style of the show while keeping on schedule.
• Work closely with the CG Supervisor to ensure both Technical and creative needs are met.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position.
• Candidates must have a strong design aesthetic.
• A passion for Sci-Fi, vehicle design and cinematic storytelling.
• Advanced understanding of Photoshop and other production programs needed, and must be able to problem-solve to increase productivity.
• Strong problem solving and team management skills.
Job Locations US-CA-Burbank
Job Type Full-Time Staff
Brand Nickelodeon Animation