Childrens Book Designer
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY US
CBS Interactive has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Photography for CBS All Access, CBS' subscription on demand and live-streaming service. This position will lead photo publicity efforts for CBS All Access and its original series, such as STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, THE GOOD FIGHT, THE TWILIGHT ZONE, NO ACTIVITY, WHY WOMEN KILL, STAR TREK: PICARD, INTERROGATION and the highly anticipated upcoming series, THE STAND and STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS, as well as other digital content initiatives and original programming.
Under direction of the Vice President, Communications, this role will manage and oversee photographic coverage for CBS All Access original series programming. This will include reading scripts, determining days of photography coverage, hiring photographers, managing a photography budget, negotiating fees, as well as liaising with the production, talent representatives and publicists. The Senior Manager, Photo Publicity, will also support the execution of gallery and marketing photoshoots for CBS All Access, including coordinating schedules and managing other logistical elements.
This role is responsible for editing and retouching the photographic coverage, including the distribution of these images to online press outlets, blogs, national print magazines, newspapers and trades, and as the point person for photography distribution for all internal departments including publicity, marketing, social media, consumer products, advertising, sales, and other internal clients.
In addition, this role will work closely with Marketing and Publicity teams to produce still photo galleries for publicity and advertising campaigns. This includes helping to plan, develop, design and execute the shoot including coordination between CBS All Access' advertising, marketing and publicity departments, CBS Studio, executive producers and photographers. This will include scheduling talent, scouting studio space and locations, hiring photographers, scenic designers and all other necessary personnel.
This role should also possess knowledge and skill as a photographer and/or photographic assistant to cover small assignments such as marketing and public relations events, behind-the-scenes on-set opportunities, or to serve as a lighting or gallery photographic assistant or digital tech.
• Work collaboratively with Publicity, Marketing, and Originals divisions to strategize, ideate, and develop event initiatives that maximize return on investment
• Hire and oversee unit photographers, including script and one-liner review as well as liaise with show publicists to make sure all photo needs are covered.
• Retouching of unit photography, including processing of files/adding meta-data, editing, and archiving.
• Lead digital asset management and servicing of photographic material for a multitude of purposes including, but not limited to: publicity, promo, social media, consumer products, and international needs.
• Work cross functionally with Marketing and Print to produce gallery and still photoshoots to ensure all photography meets premium creative standards and support brand consistency.
• Provide production and logistical support in the development and execution of photoshoots.
• Administrate talent approvals on unit photography and gallery.
• Coordinate photography needs for premieres and other events.
• Work with legal and assets management to maintain knowledge of rights, clearance, photo deal memos, and talent approvals.
What you bring to the team:
• 6+ years of photography experience in the entertainment field and an understanding and passion for the photography industry.
• Familiarity with entertainment production and unit photographers for hire.
• Strong knowledge and roster for Local 600, entertainment, and editorial photographers.
• Advanced Photoshop and retouching skills and extensive experience with digital photography, metadata, digital software and asset management systems such as Adobe Creative Suite, Photo Mechanic, Capture One, DF Studio and Widen.
• Ability to select photo days for compelling episodic coverage and manage talent approvals with little supervision.
• Experience planning and executing large high-end gallery shoots and must have a strong creative eye for producing impactful photo assets.
• Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills, an ability to multi-task, and handle fast deadlines when they arise.
• Ability to work on location both in and out-of-town when the need arises.
• Must be a team player with strong communications skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, social, content strategy and design.
• Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities.
• Degree in Photography or Visual Communications preferred.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site