Asset Specialist - Spain
Madrid, ES ES
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 183 million streaming members in over 190 countries. This is a great opportunity to join the company that is revolutionising the entertainment industry, with a chance to work on content that features high production value from the brightest filmmakers and actors around the world, using the latest technology.
The Editorial & Publishing team is a team of storytellers, editors, producers and writers who are huge fans of entertainment. Our mission is to build the most influential entertainment media and publishing network that brings joy to Netflix fans all around the world.
We want to make content about our content that is as entertaining off Netflix as it is on Netflix. To make content that brings communities together over shared passions. Content that helps our fans discover new shows, movies and talent, or fall more deeply in love with something they've already seen.
The Spanish Editorial & Publishing team is seeking a seasoned Platform Editor to lead platform and campaign editorial strategy for a slate of Netflix films, series, documentaries and more. This person will draw on their wealth of experience and boundless creativity to define our platform strategy in Spain as well as strategise best-in-class editorial campaigns for a variety of content, both for Spanish and international audiences.
• Oversee the daily output for Netflix Spain publishing, with a focus on local audience development.
• Advance Netflix Spain long-term strategies for distinct social platforms, working closely with the Editor-In-Chief.
• Develop distinctive, platform-specific editorial formats, working with a variety of external partners.
• Identify and build sustainable relationships with key external partners such as production companies or talent management agencies.
• Manage a pool of freelance writers and video editors.
• Plan detailed editorial campaigns around Netflix titles.
• Find innovative ways to talk about Netflix content, arming fans with extra detail that deepens their enjoyment.
• Be experimental with content, take risks with what you're creating, be ambitious and original.
• Work closely with our cross-functional partners (publicity, marketing, content) to elevate thinking and bring different disciplines along with you.
• Stay on top of trends, timely events, and upcoming title launches to seize on reactive opportunities to delight audiences.
• Monitor, and react to, search trends and social conversation around Netflix titles.
The ideal candidate has....
• A powerful editorial voice and a natural instinct to find new stories and angles to capture our members' interest.
• Extensive experience of building audiences across social media platforms such as Youtube, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
• Deep understanding of why certain content is shareable across certain platforms.
• A background in media and/or content creation, and an understanding of video across all social platforms.
• The ability to work cross-functionally, with the confidence to sell your ideas while seeking perspective of others.
• An instinctive feel for local tone of voice, references and shared cultural context.
• Strong local consumer and media market knowledge and experience.
• Strategic vision, and the confidence to communicate it.
• High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Proven track record of creating content that gets written, shared, and talked about.
• Good grasp of social media analytics.
• Concise and clear communication. We are looking for a native Spanish and fluent English speaker with excellent communication skills, who is also confident working with senior leadership teams.
• An obsession with entertainment.