Lead UX Researcher
Seattle, WA US
The Player Experience team builds the user experience critical to every HBO Max customer – video playback. We own the user interface components for video playback across mobile, desktop, and connected devices.
Our mission is to build a best-in-class, intuitive and responsive player. We work closely with design and product partners both to improve our existing experience and to add new features to delight users.
As a software engineer on WarnerMedia's Player Experience team, you will build and support client-side components for our streaming video applications including the upcoming HBO Max service. You will own the entire video user experience, including core player interface, multi-language support, and new features we can't spoil before launch. You'll also drive behind the scenes efforts to improve quality of experience via telemetry and data analysis, and contribute improvements to our overall UX platform by driving adoption of technologies like React and TypeScript.
• Join a growing team with many opportunities to expand your skillset, including your ability to design, implement and own critical features in a product used by millions of customers.
• Build engaging and intuitive user experiences.
• Work with the latest streaming media technologies and video capabilities.
• Learn to evaluate multiple technical approaches and drive consensus with peers.
• Use data to solve real world problems and improve customer experience, including prioritization of incoming issues reported by customers, partners, and internal QA.
• Have access to experienced engineers as mentors and technical resources.
• A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and operating systems.
• To be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve problems.
• Passion for software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write, and a desire to become an expert in client-side video technology.
• To seek self-improvement and adapt to suggestions and feedback.
• To hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining respectful relationships.
• Ability to provide periodic on-call support for critical emergent customer-facing issues.
The Nice to Haves
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science-related discipline or 2+ years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms.
• Hands-on experience developing and maintaining modern user interfaces on one or more platforms (web, mobile, TV).
• DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed.
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology.
• Hands-on use of React / React Native.
• Hands-on use of TypeScript 2+ / ECMAScript 6+.
• Experience with video applications, especially streaming video.
• Device platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, tvOS).
• User experience telemetry.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands