Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
San Francisco, CA
Creating a unique and relevant experience for each and every user is fundamental to Disney magic. We aim to tailor our products for each and every guest and fan, quickly connecting them to content they'll love. This process is both art and science, relying on authoritative content expertise, algorithmic machine learning, and rapid experimentation.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager with a real passion for data, machine learning and signal driven approaches to personalization and discovery to join Disney's platform product team. We seek someone who understands how content is discovered and consumed by customers and how it grows in popularity both at a global and personal level. The ideal candidate is oriented strongly towards experimentation, and above all, uses data and structured thinking to inform their approach.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail
• Work with your team to set the product vision and roadmap for personalization and discovery services across the Disney Streaming Series eco-system
• Work across the company to drive understanding of how and where personalization & discovery services can drive user growth, engagement, and revenue
• Establish relationships with stakeholders to understand and prioritize foundational needs across use cases and short and long term horizons
• Collaborate with stakeholders across Disney to identify and optimize machine learning experiments that measure firmly understood hypothesis and business objectives
• Translate inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents and user stories for engineering teams to execute
• Partner with other product managers to streamline system integrations and enhance existing business processes
• Maintain all necessary JIRA tasks and boards across teams, as well as all necessary communication to internal stakeholders
• You have created and communicated a narrative about the value of data and platforms to unlock business value and transform end user experiences
• You have previously worked with engineers to set requirements for data products and/or predictive algorithms
• You are an experienced product manager with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience building products for tens of millions of subscribers, ideally on a subscription video service.
• You are outcome based, participate with teams toward those outcomes, and drive cross- functional teams through hypothesis driven discipline.
• You have a track record of building positive relationships with people and teams across a broad, diverse organization.
• You have experience in formulating and testing hypothesis through scientific means
• You are a strong communicator who can deftly move between different audiences
• You demonstrate a strong attention to detail, with an ability to take a step back and understand the bigger picture
• You have successful experience building and executing product roadmaps aligned with business requirements and technology capabilities in global businesses
• You are scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge
• You know when to escalate issues expediently and accurately when blockers arise
• You have experience balancing dependencies across numerous initiatives and complex project plans
• You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• MS or higher in quantitative field a plus
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site