Onbase Systems Admin / Developer
Sinclair Broadcast Group
We seek a Sr. Product Manager up to the challenge of leading the team charged with defining and developing the next-generation broadcast platform and NextGenTV Broadcast Applications for Sinclair's 191 TV stations. This is a cloud native solution handling both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 broadcast. The hybrid broadcast application will work with digital streaming services over the air and over the top to combine the best of both distribution platforms.
As the Sr. Product Manager, you will be expected to lead and mentor implementation teams across multiple products. As part of these duties, you will be expected to:
• Takes initiative to communicate internally and externally with multiple parties to solve problems on their own – and ensure the success of the broadcast application rollout
• Collaborate with the senior leadership, engineering, design, and quality leaders to create and evolve a vision, strategy, and three-horizon roadmaps across our portfolios of Data Distribution as a Service, the ATSC 3.0 Core, and the Sinclair Broadcast Application.
• Evangelizes a customer-, business-, data-, and design-centric product development ethos.
• Integrates research and qualitative and quantitative data analytics into your product methodology
• Fosters calculated risk-taking to make big gains to solve customer problems and achieve business goals but knows how to mitigate the downside.
• Builds consensus and excitement with multiple stakeholders for the product portfolios' vision, strategies, and roadmaps.
• Executes against that vision and strategy across a matrix organization
• Influences key stakeholders (including senior executives) on the design and implementation of our product and service offerings.
• Ensures that successful customer and business outcomes are defined for the product(s), and are tracked against those key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Effectively kicks-off the design and engineering teams efforts and guides them through deployment and operations to deliver the expected outcomes.
• Fosters collaboration with the design team to create engaging user experiences, with the engineering and quality assurance teams to deliver every increasing, flexible business capabilities, with the sales team to increase revenue and profitability, with the program management team to ensure timely deliverables, and with other product managers to delivery cross-functional initiatives.
• Maximizes team productivity in a constantly changing environment of shifting priorities while tracking towards a product vision.
• Ensures regular coordination and communication with customers, executives, senior management, and other key stakeholders.
• Continually improves the product, design, engineering, and operational cycle.
• Ensures the product management team stays current with and communicates relevant industry trends, and identify and recommend product improvements, as well as process and technology improvements.
• Is recognized to be a thought leader by the industry and positions the product managers as thought leaders.
• Ensures that the team and products specify and track against the most impactful objectives and key results (OKRs).
• Has the ability to simplify complexity and ensure on-time product delivery
The ideal candidate will have...
• Deep expertise with design and development of streaming OTT applications
• A proven track record of planning, leading and implementing customer- and business-centric IT product development strategies, as demonstrated by the management of portfolios of successful product launches.
• Experience collaborating with Stakeholders to present road maps and prioritize features.
• Experience collaborating with Program Management to get committed and forecasted team capacity and timelines.
• Experience writing and collaboratively communicating feature acceptance criteria.
• Experience using agile tools for managing Scrum development such as Jira, Rally, or Azure DevOps.
• Five years of experience providing product management support to innovative software development teams with at least one year of experience leading a team of product managers, ideally including remotely located team members.
• Experience in media/video production, streaming/broadcast media distribution, ad technology, or data analytics preferred.
• Expertise with design and development of responsive websites, mobile apps, and related technologies.
• Deep expertise of user-centric design and branding best practices and deliverables such as user flows, wireframes, and style guides.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills geared towards addressing root-cause issues while getting the job done.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Expertise in team organization, time management, decision-making and problem-solving.
• Experience at Sr. Manager level position, working with senior executives.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Product Design, or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Ability and willingness to travel for company business.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
There are few companies that can provide the breadth and depth of audience impact and scope of work that Sinclair can. Sinclair is transforming how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group into the future with NextGenTV and the potential of the IP based next generation broadcast standard, ATSC 3.0.