Assistant Manager, Contract Administration
Culver City, CA US
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are looking for a Business Affairs Executive to add to Amazon Studios' LATAM (Latin American) scripted television group. In this role the business affairs executive will provide deal-making services for both Spanish-language and Portuguese-language scripted original series.
The business affairs executive will own the negotiation of writer, producer, cast, production company and other related deals and will work closely with the LATAM creative team and Amazon Studios' legal affairs team to assist in finalizing agreements and dealing with production issues as they arise. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers and outside attorneys and be able to efficiently communicate status and tradeoffs with other members of the Amazon Studios team including Creative, Production, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, and Legal, as well as Amazon executives outside of Amazon Studios.
A comprehensive working knowledge of LATAM television industry agreements, any applicable local guild regulations, contract law and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry) is required, along with excellent negotiation, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
Must be able to manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly, operate autonomously within corporate parameters, and remain cool and levelheaded in pressurized situations. A successful candidate is expected to be able to work collaboratively with colleagues in this department and across the studio, build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under time-sensitive conditions and generate client satisfaction through strategic thinking and risk analysis.
For context, at a traditional television network or studio, this role might be titled ''Vice President or Executive Director, Business Affairs.''
This role will be located in Los Angeles and will join the senior executive focused on LATAM Business Affairs.
• Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science and Law Degree
• Experience in the entertainment industry customs and practices in the LATAM region
• 6+ years in entertainment deal making, representing or working for a major scripted production company, studio or network (Mexico and/or Brazil experience preferred)
• Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese
• 10+ years in entertainment deal making, representing or working for a major scripted production company, studio or network (Mexico and/or Brazil experience preferred)
• Deep understanding of LATAM media business models, with Mexico and/or Brazil in-country experience a plus
• Ability to understand and devise new business models
• Deep interest in technology and innovation
• You must be enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and getting things done, and demonstrate sound judgment and ability to make independent decisions even in ambiguous situations
• You must love content and be excited to work on Spanish language and/or Portuguese language
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site