Design Director - Digital Studios
New York, NY
As Associate Product Designer, you will provide support for every aspect of the product design process, from initial brainstorm sessions to final pixel tweaks. You will work closely with a talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, researchers and writers. This is an opportunity to acquire and expand a full range of product design skills.
• Deliver appropriate production-level design artifacts-sketches, wireframes, interface layouts, as well as low- and high-fidelity prototypes-spanning all project phases, from concept to launch
• Support the design and development of detailed interface designs, and translate them into design system components and specs
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary, cross-functional team committed to ensuring premium product experiences.
• Solicit, interpret and integrate detailed feedback from our product team colleagues
• Help convert ambiguity and opportunity into rich, usable design solutions.
• Help strike a balance between user goals and business needs to craft win-win experiences for our customers and our business.
• 0-2+ years' experience as a product designer
• BA/BS degree in design, human-computer interaction, or a related field is a bonus but not a requirement
• A portfolio that demonstrates strong visual and interaction design skills, as well as consideration for user needs and challenges
• Demonstrable understanding and application of core design skills including composition, typography and color theory
• Ability to create detailed, comprehensive and attractive design artifacts, from user flows to wireframes, mockups to interactive prototypes
• Ability to follow directions, take feedback, and successfully deliver while operating within the context of well-defined procedures and time constraints
• A holistic approach to problem solving that results in elegantly simple solutions to complex challenges
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience designing cohesive cross-platform experiences including mobile, connected TV, and web
• Knowledge of current product design best practices including Agile Development and Lean UX
• Strong listening, analytical and organizational skills
• Willingness and commitment to asking for help and feedback
• Proficiency with industry-standard design tools including Figma, Principle, Photoshop, and Miro
• An energetic, positive, self-starter attitude
• A passion for movies, television and social media, as well as a desire to stay on top of industry trends
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands