IT Service Desk Technician
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
As part of the NPR Digital Media team, you will be responsible for driving the digital consumer experience for NPR.org that sees 60 million visitors a month. The focus for this role is a holistic one to ensure that NPR provides the best possible products and services, in partnership with our Member Stations, to create a more informed public and reach them wherever they are.
In this role, you will be expected to work closely with design to lead the research, discovery, prioritization and roadmap process for a set of features and functionality that drive reader and listener engagement, encourage membership and help our customers get the most out of their NPR digital experience. You will work closely with peers in design, technology, project management and the newsroom to set priorities and ensure a smart, ambitious product vision.
• Own the product plan and roadmap for NPR.org.
• Partner with the entire build team (design, software engineering, and others) to establish requirements that deliver the best possible consumer experience.
• Collaborate with NPR’s business, editorial, and Member station teams to ensure that new opportunities are evaluated broadly for potential value.
• Define metrics and systems to track product performance. Clearly communicate performance and use data to evaluate and prioritize roadmap.
• Maintain expert-level understanding of a diverse audience’s reading and listening needs and how NPR’s digital platform can deliver value for them.
• Iterate with design and insights teams on usability studies, research and market analysis to develop new and innovative requirements that enhance user satisfaction and diversity.
• Contribute to a culture of collaboration across all disciplines.
What We Are Looking For
• Excellent customer experience intuition- demonstrated success in creating innovative, user-friendly websites and/or mobile applications.
• Implementation proficiency– ability to translate strategic differentiators into detailed product requirements and leading a team in steady, sustainable execution.
• Excellent communication skills- demonstrated success for building stakeholder buy-in for product vision and for creating successful teamwork and collaborations.
• Technical aptitude - ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills– comfort with data-driven decision making and performing audience and operational analysis.
• 5+ years experience in product management, with experience launching start to finish web/mobile/service products a plus.
• Experience working on Agile-enabled or similar teams
• Experience with global consumer digital platforms strongly desired.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to present/demo complex ideas and products to a large group, author compelling, public-facing product materials, and work directly with clients.
• Understanding of the creative process in a collaborative environment; ability to incorporate both internal stakeholder and user feedback; team player in a fast-paced work environment, always showing respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines; ability to multitask and self-manage the deadlines of competing projects.
• Fluent with the challenges facing journalism organizations in the digital media space.
• Passion for public media’s digital future.
NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site