Talent Manager - Visual Effects
Talent Manager - Visual Effects (Expression of Interest)
The Talent Manager is responsible for managing the artist and production support groups of Industrial Light & Magic Singapore. This involves consulting with Management, Producers and discipline leads to effectively manage the capacity of the studio through managing crewing, up-skilling and development of artists and production support in delivering exceptional and efficient work for the completion of shows and long term growth of the studio.
• Partner with HR & Recruiting to define and communicate ongoing recruitment requirements and strategies.
• Lead and motivate the artists through managing their performance, development and career plans, including working with training to plan for upcoming show training requirements and ongoing individual up-skilling
• Plan and manage crewing across designated disciplines for both current and future shows, taking into consideration artist capability and development, capacity and overhead aligned to fiscal plan.
• Manage and facilitate the End of Show Performance Reviews for artist and align to the delivery of annual performance reviews.
• Manage artist’s contract renewal in partnership with producers and HR, taking into consideration capacity and crewing requirements.
• Proactively manage stakeholder expectations and accountabilities, including conflict management and working relationships to ensure the smooth management of studio productivity and performance.
• Partnering with production to ensure financial management on shows, including effective management of time card entry and leave.
• Partner with studio leadership to forecast studio capacity and skill requirements based on current challenges and future studio requirements based on input from Production.
• Support and promote ILM Singapore best practices across the shows.
• Support ILM’s documentation and dissemination of best practices developed on shows.
Education / Experience
• Minimum 8 to 10 years of related experience, preferably in production and/or Human Resources
• Experience with people from a variety of cultures and in remote locations a plus.
• Significant experience with Microsoft office.
• Experience with FileMaker Pro, Power Point, Keynote desired
• Experience building and maintaining high performance teams
• Experience managing a team
• Demonstrates the ability to implement new ideas
• Understand the ILM pipeline and its implication on workflow.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Strong verbal & written communication skills; proven ability to interact effectively and professionally throughout an organization.
• Ability to practice diplomacy, discretion and reliability in approach to work
• Must be a self starter and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines
• Demonstrate strong leadership qualities: functional expertise; integrity; forward-thinking; collaboration; hard work; compassion; excellent communication skills; mentor; leading by example.
• Demonstrates the ability to implement new ideas.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.