Principal Data Analyst
New York, NY US
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
As we continue to deliver content to users across the globe, our Content Distribution and Origin (CDO) team is looking for engineering talent that can help drive our on premise, cloud, and third party distribution solutions. We are constantly handling new challenges, striving for 100% uptime and scaling to meet the expectations of millions of viewers. Working with the latest in streaming video, web serving and caching technologies, you will have the opportunity to be part of a growing team looking to constantly deliver best in class performance to our millions of subscribers worldwide.
You'll have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and sophisticated environment and be responsible for developing, executing and architecting solutions that are part of the future of content distribution. As a member of this team you will be working on backend services and building API's that support several internal and external partners.
• 8+ years of experience building high-valued, highly scalable production software with C/C++, Java
• Experience with SOA, REST.
• Strong OOP concepts, design patterns and best practices.
• Ability to multi-task in fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Expertise in Linux disk I/O subsystems and storage technologies (HDD, SSD, NVMe)
• Interrupts, memory management and file systems
• Familiarity with networking, TLS, HTTP, TCP
• Passion for troubleshooting, debugging, and optimization
• Software Quality: Code Reviews, Static Analysis, Unit Test
• Content Delivery Network Experience (Akamai, Limelight, Level 3, etc)
• Experience with Python, Golang
• Knowledge or understanding of Varnish software development
• Java Spring
• Prior participation in an open source software project
• Streaming video protocols (HLS, DASH)
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.