Design & Construction Program Manager
Los Angeles, CA US
The Media Strategist will oversee media strategy and planning for a subset of CBS series, driving awareness and tune-in for scripted, non-scripted, and late-night properties. You will work closely with the Global Brand Strategy team, the On-Air Planning team, the Creative and Social teams, as well as our media agency to design, develop, and execute media campaigns. You will gather appropriate data to develop, produce, implement and measure strategies, tactics and plans that effectively align to the target audience(s) and campaign objectives as set by the cross-functional team. You will work collaboratively with internal teams and our media agency to develop and execute engaging, innovative and strategic marketing and content plans that help build the CBS brand as a top choice for entertainment content.
• Work with our Global Brand Strategy team to develop, implement and manage a clear strategic vision and strategy for media activities across your assigned set of shows.
• Find ways to use media outlets, opportunities, and content to deepen our relationship with our audiences, to drive tune-in and engagement, grow our digital/social channel footprint, and leverage all organic marketing efforts to reach our customers in meaningful and engaging ways.
• Help manage the development of media marketing plans, including overall strategies and integrated engagement initiatives for both paid and organic efforts.
• Set clear objectives, identify targets and set engagement strategies across a multitude of content types.
• Build and implement strategies that provide the most advantageous opportunity to gain increased recognition and preference by our internal and external audiences and the broader media industry.
• Gather, analyse and apply relevant data and customer insights to help define effective and innovative strategic approaches.
• Measure outputs against internal and external efforts.
• Collaborate effectively with CBS Marketing leadership including brand, creative and promotion teams.
• Work collaboratively across business units, including, CBS Network, CBS Entertainment, CBS Interactive, CBS Television Stations and other CBS-branded businesses and sister companies.
• Build and manage relationships with external agency partners and vendors
• Develop and maintain annual partnerships with key media partners
• Share industry learnings and coordinate vendor best practices presentations with the broader marketing team.
• Work with vendors and data science teams to analyse and translate multi-touch attribution insights into optimized media plans.
• Effectively manage a paid media budget against all efforts.
• Provide finance with weekly/monthly/quarterly financial reconciliations and reports for media spend, agency billing forecasting, planned-to-actual reconciliations, and other investments.
• Work to develop and implement new processes and mechanisms that will ultimately improve team performance, creativity, communication and collaboration.
• 8+ years of experience in media strategy and planning.
• Deep understanding of how to use media to drive awareness and engagement with entertainment content.
• Ability to develop forward-thinking ideas for a wide range of entertainment marketing campaigns, designed to drive customer acquisition/retention as we deepen audience engagement and enhance the CBS brand position.
• Exceptional understanding of traditional and digital entertainment marketing, including but not limited to on-air, display, print, OOH, paid social, performance and digital media channels.
• Knowledge of industry planning and research tools.
• Exemplary team player able to build relationships quickly with internal and external stakeholders with a wide range of personality types.
• A proven leader who motivates, inspires and drives progressive creative thinking.
• Comfortable in a test-and-learn environment.
• Possess strong decision-making skills and can operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
• Creative thinker with strategic and analytical prowess.
• Detail oriented with strong project management skills.
• Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• An excellent listener and communicator with a high EQ.
• Focused and driven to excellence at the accomplishment of all tasks.
• Embraces accountability.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience managing marketing budgets.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site