Santa Monica, CA US
Method Studios, Santa Monica, Ca. is looking for a Lead TD / 3D Artist to join its team!
Responsible for developing and supporting tools to innovate workflow in the production of high-quality Visual Effects imagery.
Work with small group of collaborative and talented pipeline developers
Team Motto: Leave your ego at the door and let the best ideas emerge in the service of amazing imagery
It has taken years to assemble this team of unique talents and we're in need of a dynamic pipeline developer to create the tools that will take us to new heights.
Method currently has 2 pipelines (Features & Commercials)
Studio Software Includes: Shotgun, Python, C++, Leica & Faro software packages, Reality Capture, 3D Equalizer, PT Gui, Maya, Houdini, Mari, Substance, Katana, VRay, Renderman, Nuke.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Evaluate our current pipeline workflow and identify areas for improvement and complete redesign
• Collaborate with creative and engineering teams to architect and redesign the tools to develop stunning visual effects assets for feature film and special projects
• Design a cohesive and intuitive toolset for the LA facility
• Provide support, and upgrade new features based on user feedback
• Collaborate with the training department to document and train users on the toolset
• Acquire in depth understanding of legacy tools to provide support and improvements
• Develop specialized show tools to deliver bespoke imagery
• Research and implement new workflows into a traditional feature film production and special project toolset
• Promote a positive, productive and collaborative work environment with all teams across the facility
• Experience with implementing or working directly with databases
• In depth knowledge with Visual Effects Asset Management System design or development
• Strong understanding of production processes for film and commercials
• Must have a mature approach to software design and implementation
• Proficient with most of the 3D software packages and visual effects communication language
• Ability to mentor and provide guidance to junior members of the team
• A degree in computer science, math or engineering
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site