Data Engineering Manager
West Hollywood, CA US
Overview and Responsibilities
The Software Engineer, Roku will design and develop software using Brightscript and the Scene Graph framework for the Pluto app running on the Roku streaming platform.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Roku software development using Brightscript and the Scene Graph framework.
• Understand the limitations of Roku platform and understand how to optimize the app to improve performance
• Work and collaborate in teams with developers, testers, product managers, etc.
• Work in an Agile, iterative development process
• Familiar with Jira, Confluence tools and communicate tasking estimation and progress regularly to a project manager, Scrum Master
• Be capable of committing to deliver timely results
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• 4+ years as a Roku developer and strong programming language and scripting skills
• Proficiency with BrightScript and Scene Graph Framework
• Deeply understand threads in Scene Graph and how to optimize rendezvous between task thread and render thread
• Familiar with Roku native UI components like rowlist, markuplist and markupGrid
• Familiar with Video Node in Roku and an understanding of how to debug streaming related issues.
• Strong Roku debugging skills
• At least 2 years leading teams in analyzing business problems and possible solutions, and in developing high-quality presentation materials.
• Quantitative analytical strengths, including Excel model development.
• Rigorous understanding and implementation of business-focused analytical approaches and frameworks.
• Comfortable prioritizing and leading multiple initiatives and analyses, and in moving with speed through each.
• Excellent leadership and influencing skills, and an ability to set a vision and motivate multi-functional teams towards a common outcome.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executing hands-on analytics analysis, and developing quality presentation materials.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site