Vice President Of Software Development, Quality Engineering
Seattle, WA US
As Hulu continues to grow its viewership and expand its offerings, we need to continuously improve and scale our ability to deliver amazing experiences. We are looking for a principal technical program manager to help our multi-site billing and subscription teams deliver highly multi-functional features to build the platforms that power our subscriber acquisition strategies. You will work closely with our different teams – Client, Platform, Product, Marketing etc. to plan and coordinate the execution and launch of new product lines, while simultaneously keeping your team focused on meeting their own commitments.
The right person for this role is passionate about helping software teams perform at their best. They understand how to balance philosophy with practicality to help teams mature while also delivering business value. Program Managers must be capable of sorting through many contending priorities, investigating details to help problem-solving, defining processes that improve execution, championing Engineering standard methodologies, executing with agility, and succeeding in a sophisticated and fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Help create new development teams from the ground up and ensure they are successful in meeting their commitments.
• Drive the planning and execution of the development team planning process from start to finish to sync development schedules, dependencies, and deployment plans.
• Collaborate with Product Managers, Technical Program Managers and Engineering teams to get ahead of dependencies, risks and remove road blockers.
• Navigate through ambiguity and unpredictability to establish a strategy and vision for your team.
• Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks, and change control.
• Serve as an evangelist, influencer, and coach of agile practices for software development teams.
• Define the performance metrics used to evaluate team health and performance along with constructing methods to report on them.
• Write stories for developers, monitor them through the development, code review, QA and deployment processes.
• Work in an environment with regularly shifting priorities and take a level-headed approach to incorporating new work into an existing plan.
• Where needed, improve processes for completeness and better efficiency.
• Be expected to dive deep into the technical details of the program.
• Proactively tackle day-to-day challenges and exercise sound judgment.
WHAT TO BRING
• A minimum of 12 years of demonstrated success in program management within a technical setting, preferably with digital entertainment or media.
• Mature knowledge of modern program management tools such as Trello, Jira/Confluence, and MS Office.
• Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal.
• Shown excellence in interacting with a diverse set of technical and non-technical partners.
• The ability to be a strong servant leader who acts as a motivator and influencer to their peers; champion of continuous improvement.
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills to earn trust and influence partners and teams.
• Fluency with Atlassian SCM Suite (Confluence/JIRA).
• Prior experience in standing up new teams.
• Experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, computer science, or another related field.
• Formal training in project management, Agile/scrum; certification a plus.
• Broad knowledge of subscription & billing operations (e.g. subscriber acquisition, engagement and retention, financial and data reporting, etc.)
• Engineering experience
• Product experience