Engineering Manager, iOS Platform
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is the world's leading streaming video service with over 193 million paid accounts and many more users in 190+ countries. It's an exciting time to be working on Android at Netflix. Our members in international markets already outnumber our domestic subscribers by a significant margin and we're only getting started! The Android team sits at the intersection of this accelerated global growth, compounded with an ever increasing use of mobile devices for streaming content. We love every minute of the complex engineering, product and operational concerns that come with operating at this scale.
We proudly ship the Netflix app on Android to millions around the world. Our team is responsible for creating a personalized member experience through extensive A/B testing on a wide variety of devices by building highly performant and custom experiences. We work on data driven optimizations in a diverse and sometimes unforgiving device and network ecosystem. We also create foundational client infrastructure used as building blocks for A/B tests. We tie it all together with sophisticated testing and automation tools designed to support our high performance, fast paced culture of experimentation, autonomy and ownership.
We're looking for help in scaling Android engineering at Netflix. You will lead a team of experienced senior engineers building mission critical products and client infrastructure. You will collaborate with several cross functional partners across design, product, data, research and other engineering teams to help build a better Netflix on Android. Some qualities we're looking for -
• Proven track record of delivering large and complex cross functional initiatives on highly visible products used by millions around the world
• Understanding of the engineering challenges accompanying frequently released and extensively A/B tested apps which are developed collaboratively with multiple teams
• Experience with hiring, supporting, coaching and growing senior engineers who are domain and platform experts at what they do
• Evidence of owning roadmaps in close coordination with product, engineering and data partners to achieve high level company goals
• Self starter engineering leader with a consistent history of proactively proposed and measurably delivered impact for the business
• Deep technical and product insight used to support objective data informed decisions backed by frequently published rationale and organizational buy-in
• Favor an action biased, feedback rich, results driven style of servant leadership that is deeply empathetic to the needs of the product, people and teams at Netflix
Work with other senior, high performing engineers and leaders where you will be constantly challenged by novel problems. We pay top of market with excellent benefits. Help evolve the way people watch content online. The Netflix culture. Not just a memo, but something we practice daily.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site