Night Radio Producer
New York, NY
Podcast Producer (project-based)
BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced Audio Producer who can contribute to all aspects of production for a new daily podcast. Ideal candidates are passionate about a wide range of news, not just the top headlines but pop culture, celebrity, and everything else that's happening on the internet. Candidates should be comfortable operating under tight deadlines in a collaborative environment and have a good sense of humor.
This is a project-based role, with a current contract lasting until the end of 2020 with the potential of extending into 2021.
• Pitching stories to cover in daily editorial meetings
• Booking and wrangling guests
• Working with hosts to script each segment of the show
• Tracking down soundbites and clips
• Working with audio engineer and post-production supervisor to make edits
• Help guide episode recordings and coach hosts
• Collaborate with team on creative development of the show format
• At least 2-3 years experience working in podcasts, ideally a daily podcast
• Outstanding writing and communication skills
• Strong editorial judgement and command of current events, including politics, culture, entertainment, and social media
• Ability to multitask and work creatively in a high-pressure environment
• Some audio editing experience a plus, not a requirement
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site