Tyler Texas Master Control Hub has an opening for a full time Master Control Operator. Position requires evenings/overnight and weekend hours. The ideal candidate will have one year experience in the broadcast industry. Training maybe considered for a candidate with less experience who possesses strong computer and technology skills.
We are Master Control Hub working with 3 different markets at this time. We currently manage KETK, KFXK, KTPN, GRIT, LAFF and ESCAPE in Tyler, TX / KAMR, KCIT and KCPN in Amarillo, TX / KSHV in Shreveport, LA.
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
1. Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
2. Records/downloads and segments video content to the servers.
3. Maintains programming logs as required by station management.
4. Operates Master Control software and equipment as directed.
5. Ensures the station's compliance with Emergency Alert System and other FCC requirements.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
1. High School diploma. Associates Degree preferred.
2. Fluency in English.
3. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
4. Proficiency with computers, servers, transmitters and other broadcast-related equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Master Control Operator must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, work and make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Master Control Operator must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds. In addition, the Master Control Operator must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site