VFX Production Coordinator
Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN BERLIN
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
What You'll Do
We have created a collaborative team environment where 2D and 3D VFX Artists work alongside each other to create stunning, award-winning visual effects for our Clients.
The Software TD plays a key role in establishing and facilitating the technical roadmap of MPC Episodic's tools, understanding and feeding into the improvement of the pipeline and workflows as defined by the Head of 3D.
• Maintain a good relationship with the Creatives cross-discipline to build awareness of needs, knowledge of user workflows and to guide design and development of software-department projects
• First-line support for all Artists in the discipline/s you are responsible for
• Triage support issues and drive resolutions where possible or forward them onto the appropriate support
• Maintain Episodic-specific software projects and tools
• Create quick scripts, macros, and tools for bespoke and/or repetitive tasks
• For larger projects, writing unit tests that run various production scenarios through the code so that bugs
can be identified and resolved before deployment into production
• Writing descriptive ''doc-strings'' with all written classes and functions for automated code reference documentation
The Software TD collaborates with Software Teams to identify broader issues that could benefit the overall Film & Episodic VFX (FEV) division, boosting efficiencies cross-brand and in alignment with FEV Software standards and practices.
• Passion for moving technology forward to empower artist creativity through alleviation of multi-stepped technical processes
• Constantly reduce personal technical debt
• Follow strict MPC code style standards
What You'll Need
Software TD essentials:
• Good understanding of Artist workflows and how the tools they use work
• Strong experience using one or more of the following applications as a Technical Artist – Houdini, Nuke, Maya, Katana
• Expert in Python
• Experience using the Python API of a digital content creator application
• Experience with the concepts of registering files on a database to facilitate a large team of Artists, working
across multiple sites
• Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical post-production environment
• Problem solver
• Strong attention to detail
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Knowledge of RenderMan
• Experience with C/C++, Lua, and/or other scripting languages
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience developing technology for a large team of artists, working across multiple sites
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site