Seattle, WA US
Lead UX Researchers are a key member of cross-functional and cross-organizational teams that set strategic direction for HBO Max, while informing our design process with high impact user research. As a Lead UX Researcher, you will work with cross-functional team leads to identify research needs to support the overall product roadmap and key feature initiatives from concept to launch. Depending on the scope and complexity of research, you may plan and execute studies as a sole researcher or you may lead and coach a small team to perform the work. As Lead, you are responsible for the scoping and delivery of highly informative, robust, and ethical research processes and results. The role continues as you collaborate with the team to discuss and address findings in product planning and design. As a member of the UX Researcher team, you will help grow the team's expertise, explore new ways to discover user insights, and evangelize best practices.
Create multi-phased research plans to support product roadmaps. Initiate and oversee the execution of each research effort. Work with a cross-functional team to prioritize areas of focus for research. Recommend research which meets business objectives and considers overall roadmap priorities and resources. Collaborate closely with product team leads to benchmark progress against strategic goals and KPI's. Plan and conduct research within an Agile framework including, project scoping, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, recruiting, legal logistics, technical logistics, study moderation, data analysis, reporting, and team communication. Communicate regularly with working team, stakeholders, and HBO partner teams. Manage, supervise, and support junior to senior UX Researchers. Vet, hire, and manage outside vendors as needed to support the work. Ensure high-quality data and robust data analysis. Consult on human factors, UCD best practices, and recommend research activities. Help grow the UXR team's expertise, explore new ways to discover user insights, acquire new tools and resources for the lab, and evangelize best practices.
• 5+ of practical work experience as a Lead or Senior UX
• 1+ or more years of UX team management experience.
• Graduate degree in Engineering Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology,
• Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a closely related field.
• Project scoping, budgeting, scheduling and resource management of multiple simultaneous user research efforts.
• Expert in experimental design for qualitative research, user-centered design methodology, data analysis, and reporting and communicating results.
• Expert in study session moderation/facilitation for in-depth-interviews, cognitive walkthroughs, usability studies, and contextual inquiry.
• Strong command of a broad set of qualitative and quantitative user research methods with the ability to discern and recommend the right method(s) for a project.
• Demonstrated ability to define and implement Agile UX research practices.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site