A&R Supervisor/ Manager
Universal Music Group
Manila, NCR PH
Universal Music Group is in search of an A&R Supervisor to be based in Manila.
About the role:
• Discover and develop artists for Universal Music Group (Manila) and its subsidiary label(s)
• Oversee the development of artist releases.
• Manage the revenue from artists including live, tours, endorsement and more
• Manage A&R financial budget and planning.
• Work closely with artists to develop their launch strategy, positioning, social media, PR plans and more
• Responsible for the coordination and negotiation of Deal making process between artists, lawyers, regional/ global team, and local stakeholders.
• Work with artists, creative and engineers to ensure UMG artists stand out against others for their live performances.
• Work with creative to bring artists vision to life in the music videos and content
• Oversee the overall branding of sub label(s), work closely with the domestic marketing team in curating the social media of the sub label(s) assigned
• Discuss new development acts with commercial/digital, new business and marketing teams.
• Work with management team to set out company priorities, label partner updates, new signings and release timelines
• Seek out and identify brands/products, which will contribute to the assigned revenue goals.
• Look for creative opportunities to gain exposure for our artists and labels outside the “normal” marketing sphere
• Source and build relationships with producers, songwriters, mixers, video directors, photographers and other relevant contacts.
• At least 4 years of related experience, with leadership capabilities
• Significant experience in working in music and marketing
• Proven track record of identifying and developing artists and their music
• Experience of working, influencing and persuading at all levels of an organisation (upwards and downwards), on both a local and an international level
• Forwarding thinking, ability to use data analysis to anticipate trends
• Proven ability to develop innovative, creative and commercially successful marketing concepts outside of the usual
• Ability to network and build relationships and deal with situations with tact and diplomacy
• Great knowledge of the domestic market as well as certain regional exposure