Engineering Manager - Subscription and Billing
Santa Monica, CA US
Hulu's Product team is seeking a Senior Manager, Platforms and Billing & Payments as an exceptional addition to our Product team with product experience in e-commerce, payments and billing systems development. As a leader of this area you will develop a team as well initiatives and cross-team projects related to building out various subscriber lifecycle platforms including all payments and money movement across Hulu. You’ll be responsible for defining a compelling roadmap that enable further scale of Hulu's growing business. This will also include engaging partners and stakeholders to align priorities, resources and budgets to drive significant growth.
The right person for this role will be an industry leader with experience in building subscription businesses as well as platforms. The ideal Hulugan should: be a great collaborator, mentor Product Managers, cultivate innovation, create a healthy environment for all team members to grow with high humility and integrity. Influence and team building skills are critical for the success of this position, as well as being a customer focused product leader with a high entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to operate nimbly with a high-risk tolerance.
What you’ll do
• Build and manage a multi-year roadmap for Hulu’s service capabilities – both powering the viewer experience as well as how developers build and deploy code.
• Champion and sponsor innovation in our payments platform and identify new opportunities that will accelerate our technical capabilities and reduce the time to market of our products.
• Partner with our marketing, technical, and finance leaders to identify, scope, and deliver on new opportunities.
• Collaborate with other members of the product team, and technical leaders at Hulu to make Hulu a great place to build great experiences.
• Partner internally and externally to drive innovation.
What to bring
• Proven experience and success in driving high growth and scale in subscription services and billing platforms that engage millions of users and empower development teams to do their best work.
• Deep expertise in subscription businesses (SAC, Churn, ARPU, CLV), billing cycles, and payment instruments
• Clear track record of building and delivering on multi-year product strategy and roadmaps that resulted in recognized innovation in the industry
• 3+ years of leading product teams with a consistent success in developing talent
• Experience working in both highly agile environments as well as large product development efforts
• 5+ years preferred of product management experience leading the design, development and launch of successful services.
• Experience redefining product strategy into well-articulated business requirements, as well as using qualitative and quantitative data effectively to advise product direction and prioritization.
• Excellent product judgment: Ability to make sound judgments based on trade-offs of different solutions, complex problems, various partners, and many constraints
• Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical partners
• Superb analytical abilities: Ability to solve sophisticated problems through analytics and data oriented approach to decision making
• Ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance market needs with business priorities, drive detailed trade-offs over the product lifecycle, handle conflict, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
• Strong leadership skills: Ability to balance and productively resolve contradictory demands and timelines in order to deliver against the company strategy and goals
• Technical background - CS, CE, EE (preferred)
• MBA (preferred)