Senior Analyst, FP&A - Participation Ultimates
Burbank, CA US
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Payroll Analyst for the HR Services Payroll department. The Analyst for Payroll is responsible for payroll administration, payroll audit, and the application of best practice payroll processes. He/she is highly knowledgeable in the entry of timecards, processing of gross to net, and the auditing of payroll data for the entertainment industry. This individual should be experienced in high volume, multi-state payroll with knowledge of payroll regulatory compliance across all states in which employees reside, including US and international based employees, and experience with payroll processing for multiple legal entities. He/she has processed payroll for the entertainment industry and is experienced with collective bargaining agreements and union pension health and welfare plans. The Analyst will compile, analyze, and document issues on payroll and related fiscal activities in order to identify systemic issues or problems. He/she will research and respond to payroll inquiries from customers and stakeholders. This individual will support internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external and internal auditors. He/she will participate in special projects when required.
• Conduct payroll activities utilizing Workbrain Online Time and Attendance (OTA) and Workday Payroll including but not limited to:
• Reviewing and correcting timecard data in OTA.
• Making adjustments in time entries.
• Enter Pay Input through Workday Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB).
• Process special pay requests for relocations, leaves of absence, and paid time off.
• Calculate pay.
• Calculate additional payroll-related items, including garnishments, adjustments, pension, etc.
• Initiate pay runs, monitor and audit payrolls.
• Calculate, enter, and review retroactive pay changes.
• Perform data analysis by running reports, using Excel formulas and pivot tables.
• Assist Payroll Reconciliation and Pension Teams to analyze and resolve payroll accounting and pension discrepancies.
• Research and respond to payroll related inquiries from employees, agencies, and other internal/external parties.
• Triage ticket requests for issuance of checks and other payroll issues.
• Answer employee questions relating to company policies and procedures.
• Resolve any issues with employee tax withholdings or benefit deductions.
• Provide responses in a courteous and timely manner.
• Support internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external and internal auditors.
• Compile, analyze, and document issues on payroll and related fiscal activities in order to identify systemic issues or problems.
• Review and update training materials on payroll processing and maintain internal policies and procedures in accordance with the law. Administer employee trainings on payroll policies and usage of payroll related systems.
• Support the Payroll Manager with other projects and tasks as required.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field or equivalent combination of work experience required.
• CPP or FPC certification preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with Workday HR/payroll or other SaaS payroll engine required.
• Minimum 3 years related experience in payroll operations required.
• Understanding of payroll accounting required.
• Previous experience in working with enterprise HR and payroll systems required.
• Understanding of federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters required.
• Understanding of Motion Picture collective bargaining agreements and union pension health and welfare preferred..
• Previous experience in a confidential environment strongly preferred.
• Payroll software implementation experience preferred.
• Experience with Workday HR/payroll integration and mass data uploads (EIB) preferred.
• Experience with systems and processes related to union payroll processing required.
• Experience with computerized time and attendance system required.
• Experience with a large multi-business unit organization is a plus.
• Experience working in a shared services organization is a plus.
• Knowledge of payroll practices, tax laws, and record keeping.
• Knowledge of Windows, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook required; Microsoft Access preferred.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site