New York, NY
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Much like medieval knights, our Legal and Business Affairs team protects the livelihood of the kingdom. We're the forgers of iron-clad contracts, overseers of content production and defenders of intellectual property rights. Given the competitive nature of our industry, collaboration and attention to detail are traits we highly prize, and you should value and match those attributes. Also, you should have a POV and enjoy staying tuned in to new commercial developments.
Support the International, Corporate Development and Corporate Divisions, including, domestic and international mergers and acquisitions (M&A)and general corporate matters as well as some support of relationships with international channel partners and international content sales (linear and video-on demand).
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
M&A and International Partnerships Counsel, Legal & Business Affairs
Counsel senior management and business staff on, and provide support with respect to: M&A transactions entered into by A+E's domestic and international businesses, including acquisitions, joint ventures and equity investments; licensing of A+E Networks-branded channels throughout Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia; and other international business development transactions, including content creation. Advise on regulatory approvals, cable/satellite/IPTV distribution agreements, technical service agreements, program and trademark license agreements, employment agreements, ad sales matters, corporate governance, funding arrangements and exit and transfer provisions; draft and negotiate related agreements.
Advise on and handle general corporate matters pertaining to domestic and international A+E subsidiary entities, including entity formation and ongoing entity management.
Coordinate with L&BA staff located in New York, EMEA, Asia and Latin America on negotiations and contracts regarding program and format sales in international markets, third party sales representation arrangements and related AETN International content syndication business initiatives. Review and discuss agreements and contractual provisions and provide comments and guidance.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to put all your legal skills and business acumen to work in a supportive and collaborative environment with likeminded people.
• JD Degree and member of NY State Bar.
• Minimum 7 years legal experience at a major law firm or media company as in-house counsel.
• Experience in an active M&A practice required and in-house experience in M&A at a media company preferred.
• Experience and knowledge in content licensing (domestic and international), linear and on-demand rights and distribution a plus.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and drafting skills (including ability to offer creative solutions) and clear and effective communication skills required. Must be highly organized to be able to handle high volume of work in fast paced environment, detail oriented and a team player.
• Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to take initiative and make decisions.
• Title commensurate with experience.