San Francisco, CA US
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Working closely with the Director of Physical Production Technology and with customers across the entire Lucasfilm organization, the Sr. Project Manager, LFL Information Systems will help to identify needs, institute best practices, establish strategic initiatives and manage all development and delivery of LFL focused projects. With a deep understanding of IS practices and LFL's business needs, this position will be a single point of leadership, communication and coordination for all IS activities - advocating for LFL's best interests both within and outside the company.
• Serves as the single point of contact for all communication, collaboration and decision making regarding IS/LFL systems.
• Partners with all LFL studios and other technical groups within the company to effectively deliver appropriate solutions for customers.
• Works closely with IS Director to establish LFL IS vision, strategy, goals, budget and to identify and hire new employees.
• Interfaces with customers in all departments and at every level throughout LFL regarding the analysis of current information systems, modifications and integrations with existing applications, and development or purchase of new systems.
• Responsible for the supervision of all dotted line reports including: project oversight, technical leadership, performance evaluations and opportunities for growth, development and collaboration.
• Contributes expertise in defining project schedules, priorities and direction, project management strategies, as well as advising on specific budgetary needs for Information Systems.
• Oversees full development cycle including requirements gathering, project specifications, development, milestone reporting, release management and training and support for all LFL/IS tools.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 10+ years managing technical professionals.
• Demonstrated experience delivering integrated large scale customer-centric information systems
• Experience delivering technical solutions in a production/VFX environment strongly preferred.
• Must be a good listener and extremely customer-focused - able to quickly ascertain needs and identify potential solutions within given constraints.
• Working knowledge and experience-based opinions of modern technologies and methodologies, as well as project management tools and strategies.
• Proven ability to lead, coach, and motivate technical professionals. Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills.
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, interact with diverse personalities, and work within strict deadlines, while maintaining a flexible attitude toward change.
• Must be a self-starter with the proven ability to initiate and complete new projects while maintaining impeccable support and improvements on existing systems.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site