Senior Coordinator, Content & Product
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF BUSINESS AND POSITION
National Geographic Channels are home to the most informative and educational programming on television, encompassing a range of disciplines such as nature, history, science, engineering, culture, people, and places. In partnership with the National Geographic Society-one of the largest scientific and education institutions in the world-National Geographic Channels take viewers on breathtaking adventures across the globe, championing preservation efforts and inspiring the explorer in each of us.
This position supports promotion of the channel, special programs / series / events / campaign, original productions and global campaign to the intended audiences across SEA. The incumbent works closely with Channel Head, Creative Director, Programmers, Traffic & Presentation team, Marketing and SEA offices to come up with creative concepts and execution plan on 360 degree Creative and promotion strategy project, To be successful in this role you must have strong creative mind with an eye for detail. The ability to think ''out of the box'' is a necessity, constantly searching for new ways to inspire and inform channel audiences.
• Work with channel head to come up with overall planning for channel direction and business development and lead the team towards it
• Work closely with Art Director to oversee and maintain a smooth running of creative services between SEA offices to determine the best workflow practices
• Supervise overall creative process, on-air campaigns and on-ground activities, making sure they deliver consistently high quality work
• Provide guidance to junior staff, monitor and supervise their daily projects between creative teammates and rest of the team. Make sure all promos are executed on time and the information is correct
• Lead the project from concept development, references researching, idea presentation, budgeting, materials sourcing, execution to delivery of the materials
• Collaborate with Channel Head to accurately estimate and manage project budgets and schedules
• Minimum 10 years overall experience in TV production and/or broadcasting
• Minimum 3 years, high-level, supervisory editorial experience overseeing cable non-fiction program production for production company or cable network
• Able to take a creative idea or story and develop a relevant and seamless narrative across multiple platforms, never losing sight of the big idea or the intended audience.
• Excellent in team management – strong leadership skills are a pre-requisite, you will need to have proven experience in leading, motivating and inspiring
• Experience in creative supervision, with leadership qualities that enable you to successfully collaborate with and lead a team of producers and production crew.
• Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent knowledge of editing software (Final Cut Pro) and fully literate with specs, filters and short cut keys. Knowledge on other editing software (Premiere, AVID) will be an advantage
• Familiar with After Effects and ability to create simple GFX is an advantage
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop is optional
• Expert in all production procedures from pre-production to post production
• Excellent with filming equipment, camera & lens, lighting & audio device and able to film, can lead a big team of production crew and direct them independently.
• Have tact and ability to work effectively with the vendors
• Excellent in time management, organizational skills and budgetary planning with the ability to prioritize, respond quickly and accurately under strict deadlines and work on simultaneous projects at once
• Must be experienced in using MS Office (Word, Excel) and other basic desktop applications
• Good communication skills in written and spoken English
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.