Sinclair Broadcast Group
Arlington, VA US
• You are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates. People count on you for your expertise in all phases of the software development cycle.
• You partner with co-workers, development teams, and external partners to enhance cloud computing platform, identify new automation techniques, and integrate solutions into cloud computing infrastructure.
• You will design and develop in an integrated DevOps Agile environment.
You will succeed in this role because you have:
• The ability to define and self-manage cross-functional projects fueled by ambiguous questions. You are a self-starter, curious and not afraid to ask when in doubt
• 10+ years' software engineering and IT experience
• Proven track record of success in leadership positions
• Developing, integrating; testing and deploying highly automated cloud infrastructure orchestration and management solutions. In addition, you will be leading development activity in OpenStack ecosystem, coordinating upstream contribution effort in Cast.era.
• Developing the cloud infrastructure and DevOps transformation initiatives
• Participate in a fully implemented DevOps environment
• Customize and Integrate various open source software-based solutions related to ATSC3.0 broadcasting system
• Work independently as well as with teammates on technical projects, issues/problem resolution, systems and applications.
• Adjust projects to adapt to changing requirements and engage IT resources from other areas.
• Be an active participant in the OpenStack Platform, Kubernetes, and related open source community projects
• Work on the project management for focal point of residency service and checking/ monitoring the Cloud infrastructure
• Report on planning, technical support, evaluation of server/ infrastructure management
• Analysis the machine status, configuration management (system BIOS update, firmware update)
It will help if you have:
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or at least 5 years of equivalent work experience in defining architecture for complex cloud infrastructure system
• Ability to plan and design new complex infrastructure and application services that interact across networked application components and technologies
• Experience and deep knowledge with Cloud Computing and hosted system
• Experience and deep Knowledge of the OpenStack project ecosystem and hands-on development / coding experience.
• Experience with Cloud Native CNCF project ecosystem, especially around Kubernetes platform
• Experience supporting large scale, elastic, highly available cloud environment orchestration
• Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) systems
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or comparable technical studies
• 5+ years of experience developing in a Linux environment with an advanced knowledge of Go or Python; Go knowledge is a big plus
• A solid understanding of multiple hypervisor technologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Agile software development experience
• Proven experience working with US based corporation
• Better understanding the market trend for ATSC3.0 technology and OTT
• Proficiency with Jira Agile, Confluence, preferred
• Fluency speaking and reading Korean, a plus
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Coverage
• Vacation and 10 Paid Federal holidays
• Various wellness programs, including large on-site wellness facilities
• Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
• 401K with company match
• Flexible Spending Accounts:
• Healthcare (FSA)
• Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site