Producer, Live Action
We are seeking an experienced Coordinator, Physical Production to help manage both internal and third-party co-productions Netflix Originals titles from a physical production perspective. Responsibilities include establishing and curating vendor & staff/crew relations, ensuring all Physical Production deadlines are established and met, assist the Physical Production team with administration, reviewing budgets and supporting/suggesting best practices from pre-production through delivery. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of the physical production processes across the Netflix Originals Live Action Japan slate.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative while working with a high volume production slate.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Set up, schedule and coordinate initial kick off and ongoing production meetings for internal and partner-produced co-productions
• Assist with identification and curation of experienced, high-quality production staff and crew
• Coordinate the onboarding process for production companies and freelance producers to the Netflix ecosystem, tools, and resources
• Update and maintain inward and outward-facing production resources and documents
• Research, curate, and develop relationships with vendors, while continually analyzing cost efficiencies
• Assist productions and executives in planning and coordinating travel
• Research and outreach to potential locations for look development reference and studios
• Production budget review and analysis
• Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department
• Extensive experience with long-form production management in the local Japanese production ecosystem.
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment, simultaneously supporting several projects in various phases of production (from evaluation to production through delivery)
• Access to an extensive roster of high-quality local vendors and crew/creative talent across the region
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast-paced team-oriented and cross-functional setting
• Ability to be discreet and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly while being an effective communicator
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and equipment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Google Ecosystem (including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Mail and Drive) and familiarity with post production/editorial systems and finishing processes
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box
• Willingness to travel across the region to help set up productions
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English, and fluency in Japanese.