Lead Data Scientist
New York, NY US
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal's new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
As a Director of Product Management on our team, you will conceive, define, design, develop, test, and launch vivid and compelling experiences that are contextually relevant, exceedingly useful, and curiously entertaining.
What we're looking for in a candidate:
• You are a seasoned product leader with a proven track-record of end-to-end ownership and delivery of consumer-facing digital products
• You have relentlessly high standards and deep operational knowledge and expertise in every aspect of digital product development. You use tools, technologies, established best practices, and your own experience-based methods.
• You look at the data and listen to the voice of the consumer.
• You identify the most impactful concepts and push them through a rigorous course of critical evaluation, execution, implementation, experimentation, success-or failure.
• You are a strong communicator, able to articulate your point-of-view, engage in fact- based discourse, collaborate, compromise, and bridge gaps
• You are scrappy-focused, driven, and the natural owner of both big ideas and practical daily output.
• You feel most at home in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment.
• You are fluid and adaptable-able to work on multiple tracks and pivot from one project to another.
• You are a force-multiplier, building product teams and growing talent
What you will do:
• Develop and own a roadmap of high-value, consumer-centric digital features and products. Use qualitative and quantitative data to define requirements.
• Present vision, strategy, work product, insights, and KPIs to stakeholders at every level of the organization.
• Collaborate with other product owners, designers, and engineers to successfully deliver products to market. Build, test, learn, and increment.
• Balance inputs from business, design, research, technology, and external teams. Create a network of cross-functional partners. Build rapport and earn trust.
• Define and evangelise best practices. Collaborate on the planning and building of scalable and extensible tools and resources.
• Lead and mentor others. Provide strategic direction, thought leadership, and inspiration to product managers and members of the wider team.
• Minimum 10 years owning the end-to-end development lifecycle-incubating, building, delivering, and scaling digital products
• Readiness to share a presentation of case studies of digital products
• Experience developing products for the web and shipping apps to iOS or Android
• Experience with entertainment platforms-tvOS, Fire TV, Roku, etc-a plus
• Expertise in rapid deployment and experimentation-metrics, analytics, A/B testing, user testing, and market research
• Experience working in an agile software development environment
• Close familiarity with common project management tools such as Jira as well as testing tools such as Optimizely or Mixpanel.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site