Full Time Job
Artist Revenue & Services Manager
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
ARTIST REVENUE & SERVICES MANAGER
The primary focus of this role is managing financial activity and revenue collections from artist contracts and new business partnerships. The role will involve developing relations and collaborating with artist management to manage Sony revenues including requesting and collecting owed revenue according to contracts. The candidate will also handle the administrative tasks needed to support the creation and release of premium content as well as activities in the areas of marketing, licensing, catalog, and distributed labels.
Income Participation and New Business:
• Coordinate with Finance and oversee all accounting aspects of New Business programs and Income Participation (PO, vendor set up, invoice, collections, etc.)
• Complete and maintain transaction report (Invoices, blankets, POs, Customer/Vendor Data Base) to support self, internal, and external processes and ensure billing accuracy of Artist activities, such as, performances, sponsorships, acting, brand partnerships, licensing, etc.
• Review new deals to ensure compliance with revenue policies
• Work with the finance department to ensure proper definition/scope of revenue stream/revenue payable requirements.
• Help lead efforts to develop policies and procedures that streamline revenue operations processes.
• Interact with internal and external colleagues to provide business reporting and analysis.
• Review terms and conditions for standard and non-standard contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition
• and update team accordingly on factors that may impact budgeting/forecast (bad debt, recoupment, etc.)
• Maintain Income Participation Report with contract details for USL Artists and keep record of Sony's income participation rights for affiliate artists.
• Maintain continuous communication with Artists Management in order to verify all tracked activity and collect Sony's share.
• Track and maintain report of all artist performances, sponsorships, and special appearances.
• Create department/artist reports for Senior Management.
• Forecast possible Sony income participation revenue per artist for better funding of new projects and to improve budget development.
• Support the New Business team with managing financial aspects, contracts, and execution of partnership activations.
• Maintain and establish relationships with Artists Management and Brand partners.
• Help Identify industry best practices/proven platforms; ideation of artist/brand programs; Partnership activation in support of New Business department.
• Complete Monthly Live Report for USL for Nando's Live Report.
• Maintain Premium content release schedule
• Create marketing materials for projects (such as One Sheets)
• Work on Deep dives with Business Intelligence
• Pull together assets for production
• Work with A&R for key information on projects
• Follow up with Legal on rights and contracts
• Work with Licensing on clearances
• Participate in Premium Content meetings
• Handle clearances for compilations, priceline reductions, royalty breaks via the Global Clearance and Licensing System and GOLD
• Maintain Community platforms
• Coordinate Optimization
• Playlist updates
• Follow up and enter new deals into The Orchard template
• Enter new release info into Orchard system
• Bilingual (English & Spanish fluency) skills required
• 2+ years of administrative experience with financial accounts, revenue and/or accounting/bookkeeping.
• 2+ years' experience doing collections for a professional services organization preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills especially when working with clients on the collection of revenues and/or income participation questions.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Office Suite Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Experience in the entertainment industry, TV, and/or Film preferred
• Project management experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Past background in brand partnerships and business development preferred
• Some experience in the coordination of video/photo shoots considered a plus
• Experience with Salesforce productivity tool considered a plus.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site