Location: This opportunity is available remote, however, the majority of the team sits in Denver.
Entercom is looking for a seasoned and innovative Engineer for our VP of Architecture role. As head of Entercom Digital's Architecture team, you will be responsible for driving the development and delivery of core technologies that are critical to our success. The candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership to the team; capable of researching, architecting, prototyping, working with vendors on integration and development of a range of systems such as streaming, data, analytics, APIs. You will be both a resource for development teams and a leader in driving overall system development.
The ideal candidate is passionate about creating effective, high-quality, innovative, scalable products and online services. You love to iterate quickly. You have experience in some, or all, of the following areas: audio/video streaming, content management systems, data pipelines and analytics. You must have knowledge of cloud based solutions, experience in managing vendors and getting things done. You are also a team and consensus builder and understand why 'soft power' is so important.
About the Role:
• Orchestrate the design and implementation of foundational platform capabilities that are critical to Radio.com's success in building a scalable, efficient, high-performance platform.
• Work with peers and team members inside and outside engineering to translate business and technical requirements into architectural frameworks and designs
• Develop practical yet advanced solutions to maximize technology and business success
• Provide technical leadership and oversight to ensure alignment with the original proposed architecture and design
• Proactively identify and suggest architectural improvements to as-is Systems
• In key areas, provide code-level design support
• Facilitate and lead in the evaluation and selection of commercial-off-the-shelf product evaluation, frameworks and open source platforms
• Participate in project scoping, resource planning, and timeline estimation
• Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
• Support multiple projects simultaneously
• Grow the architecture team over time; Lead and mentor the architecture team and other software engineers throughout the organization
• Build and maintain a positive and productive team culture
• Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Computer Science), Master's degree preferred
• 10+ years relevant experience as a Systems Engineer / Architect working in the SaaS and/or Entertainment & Media industry
• Experience in developing high-level architectural design and technology roadmaps, and then driving hands-on development of those roadmaps
• Expert in developing detailed network system diagrams, flow diagrams, and state diagrams
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills, with strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to collaborate without guidance
• You possess leadership qualities, including ability to facilitate technical discussions with diverse and cross-functional groups and good negotiation skills.
• You know how to tailor communication to the target audience to achieve desired results
• Ability to quickly research new topics and technologies and understand how to apply them to our problem space.
• If you don't know, you can learn it - quickly.
• You can juggle multiple projects and change priorities as the business needs change
• Scalable Cloud-based systems:
• Appreciation of the design concepts behind large scale web applications
• Intuitive design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for architecting reliable systems that scale
• Understanding of RESTful API patterns
• Experience working with CDNs
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code on AWS or other cloud providers
• Streaming media industry experience:
• Advanced understanding of streaming video technologies - HLS, DASH
• An understanding of video ad servers; VAST, VMAP, VPAID, etc.
• Demonstrated working experience with Encoders, Just-In-Time Packaging solutions, Content Distribution Networks (CDNs) and service side ads insertion
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site