Sr Software Engineer
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Do you have a passion for sports? Do you love to code? Do you have experience building web apps from the ground up? And did you win your fantasy league this past season (or at least give it a good run)? If you answered yes to all of the above, then CBS Sports may be looking for you! The CBS Sports Fantasy team is looking for an experienced web developer to build out the latest and greatest in fantasy gaming and content apps used by over a million people every month. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude and mad coding skills.
Collaborate closely with product managers, user interface designers, platform engineers, and multiple groups to define and implement product features. Work with other technical teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key web product features.
• Develop new business-led features with an emphasis on performance and user experience
• Build interactive UX using HTML and CSS based on designs provided by design team
• Deploy periodic site updates to QA, stage, and production environments
• Provide engineering support to stakeholders, ensuring a high level of application availability and stability
• Refactor various parts of the site to be more efficient and build sharable components
• Migrate legacy code to a React Framework
• Build a set of features and tools to support various CBSSports.com Fantasy production needs
• Review code changes by other team members to ensure they meet requirements, are error free, and use best practices
• Provide critical feedback on code changes through the code review process
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Minimum 2 years of Web Development experience with at least 6-12 months experience using React JS
• Know the latest HTML and CSS standards inside and out.
• Experience developing web applications in PHP, Python, PERL, Ruby
• Ability to architect and debug complex systems.
• Proven experience using REST APIs and JSON data
• Familiarity with using version control systems. (Git)
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent
You might also have -
• You have excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
• Experience using a CSS preprocessor like Sass, LESS, or Stylus
• You've worked in an AWS, GPC, or Azure environment before
• You are familiar with CDNs such as Akamai or Fastly
• You love sports, fantasy sports and/or sports gaming
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site