Analyst, Rights in TV
Walt Disney Company Media Networks
Join us for an opportunity to be a part of the innovative technology and artistry of Walt Disney Animation Studios. Our Lighting department drives the mood of our beloved stories, and now you have the opportunity to be a part of it!
The Apprentice Program begins the first week of February 2021. Please note, the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. We will be determining whether this program will be in-person at our Burbank, CA studio or virtual in the coming months based on local state and county ordinance. The deadline for applications is October 25, 2020, 11:59 PM PST.
To apply, select ''Apply for Position'' below to create or update your profile with a resume and project blog if applicable.
The Lighting Trainee:
Lighters are an integral part of the storytelling process. Using their keen eye to manipulate color and light, they're able to emphasize shifts of mood both subtle and dynamic. They assemble the elements of a shot into a final composite and compose the digital lighting of the scene.
As a Lighting Trainee, the first four months of your program are structured to introduce you to the processes and tools of our filmmaking, our studio culture, and our production environment. These initial months will showcase the skills and philosophies of our Lighting department while providing you nurturing mentorship with a Disney artist. A 4-month review provides you with real-time feedback and determines future assignments and promotional opportunities that would bring your skills into real-time production environments.
To apply for this position, select ''Apply for Position'' below to create or update your profile with a resume, reel/portfolio, and reel breakdown.
Reels/portfolios/demonstrated skills should include:
• An understanding of color, contrast, and lighting design, along with a solid understanding with 3D lighting in a CG scene
• A strong visual sense and the ability to distinguish subtle differences that affect the matching of elements created in multiple mediums
• Experience with Maya and node-based compositing programs such as Nuke
• Exposure to Global Illumination and experience manipulating lights and materials to achieve a specific Art Direction
• Ability to interpret and execute key aesthetic elements from visual development artwork into a shot
• Strong problem-solving skills required
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction from Artistic and Technical Leadership
Am I Eligible To Apply? We're looking for:
• 18 years or older
• Emerging artists with less than 5 years experience in the Animation Industry
• Recent graduates - Degree or equivalent experience
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site