Senior Technical Project Manager - Apple, Android & Web Engineering
New York, NY
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
The Technical Operations Department at Disney Streaming Services consists of agile and responsive teams of analysts that perform the daily processes and procedures of our live and on-demand streaming video products. The department's responsibilities consist of round-the-clock support for these products, ensuring proper functionality across all platforms.
The Technical Operations Distribution team works alongside delivery and infrastructure engineers to gain insight and knowledge on how the distribution of media works. This includes what they monitor and how the environment is built, in an effort to gain deeper operational knowledge that can be documented and handed off to the day-to-day Media Operations team. In addition, we function as the DevOps for these teams and carry out certain roles and responsibilities on their behalf such as weighing traffic distribution, triaging, cache maintenance and being Tier 1 on-call support.
• Expert level operational support for expanded global media distribution and input for telemetry/targeting initiatives
• Work with day-to-day Technical Operations to ensure distribution mechanics function properly to serve all streaming media properties.
• Involved in drafting and proposing business and operations strategies with both internal and external partners
• Lead small working groups to complete requested projects and data research
• Acts as liaison between Operations and Engineering teams that include: Origin Infrastructure, Networking Administration, and Content Delivery Networks
• Interact with internal peers to share complex information and arrive at enhanced solutions
• Ensure growth and advancement of entry level/intermediate level team members
• High Level of understanding in Content Delivery and data distribution
• Ability to lead and coordinate small groups and projects
• Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
• Capable of making and executing decisions to resolve complex issues
• Show initiative in advancing current workflows and practices with active research and leadership
• Typically has a minimum of 8 years of related experience and a BA/BS; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or PhD with 3 years' experience; or equivalent experience.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.