Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment as well as pushing the limits of what it means to be a subscription business. We are one of the planet's largest recurring subscription services and our members are rightfully the cornerstone of what we do. From ensuring a smooth membership lifecycle and regular billings to enabling our business and finance teams to meet regulations and create new business opportunities, the data is truly mission critical.
This space requires folks who enjoy the complexity that emerges as we manage the member lifecycle which includes reasoning with membership, billing and invoicing systems as well as reporting on revenue. As part of the Membership Data Engineering team you will play a vital role in creating reliable, distributed data pipelines and building intuitive data products that allow our stakeholders to easily leverage data in a self-service manner. You will be expected to show thought leadership and partner effectively with our science and engineering teams to push the business towards better metrics and more efficient systems.
Who are you:
• You LOVE data of all sorts, big and small! You enjoy helping teams push the boundaries of what business insights can be extracted out of data
• You have a strong background in distributed data processing, software engineering design, and data modeling concepts
• You are always on the lookout for opportunities to automate tasks and deliver generic frameworks which can be leveraged by multiple data engineering teams
• You like to spark joy in internal partners with high-quality data products that are well documented, modeled and easy to understand
• You have strong communication skills to effectively partner with data scientists and engineering stakeholders. You love to innovate and push partners to deliver on novel metrics and solutions
• You are proficient in at least one major language (e.g. Java, Scala, Python). You strive to write beautiful code and you're comfortable working with and picking up new technologies
• You can relate to many of the aspects of the Netflix Culture and love to operate independently while collaborating and giving/receiving strong, candid feedback to your team members.
Learn more about the team, technologies and the immediate team members you'd get to work with! If you'd like us to makes changes to the interview process to improve the odds of your sailing through it with flying colors, please share your thoughts with us - we promise to do whatever is feasible to accommodate.