New York, NY US
We are looking for a dynamic, self-starting Network Capacity Planner to enable DSS to scale with Disney's growing global demand. As a Network Capacity Planner, you will be responsible to identify, design, develop, and execute new processes, policies, goals and solutions that increase performance, reduce errors, decrease costs, and improve the company's overall infrastructure program, specifically relating to CDN fulfillment and Internet content fulfillment. To do this you will work across operations, sourcing, performance marketing, research, technology, scheduling, sales, engineering, and finance teams. This position requires a person with the ability to skillfully communicate with internal stakeholders, use analytics and statistics to solve complex problems, and stay hyper focused on the customers' needs globally. The role provides an opportunity to shape our start-up culture and make long term customer focused and cost effective decisions, directly impacting Disney Streaming Services success. If you want to work for a great company, have the opportunity to innovate, manage, and create new solutions and most importantly love to delight customers, then join us in making Disney+ history!
• Partnering with internal business units including operations, finance, research, technology and engineering to effectively manage expansion of our CDN capacity
• Leading and creating a best in class network with appropriate metrics to continually improve CDN operation
• Communicating effectively with both external (Service Providers, Carriers, Vendors) and internal (Finance, Technology, Operations) customers
• Creating reports and process improvement initiatives to improve air and ground operations
• Create statistical models
• Communicating goals, roles, responsibilities and desired outcomes to cross-functional project teams to gain buy-in and delivery to project schedules
• Address barriers through problem solving, communication and active coordination with stakeholders
• Working within time constraints to meet business critical needs (often managing multiple, time-sensitive and high priority initiatives simultaneously), while measuring and identifying activities performed and ensuring service requirements are met.
• Able to systematically escalate problems or variances in the operating plan to the relevant owners and teams, following through to resolution to ensure they are delivered.
• Navigating through ambiguity, managing and coordinating multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership and accountability of the process and delivering on commitments
• 7 years of work experience within the Cloud, CDN and Online Direct to Consumer business planning.
• Degree in Supply Chain, Statistics, Finance, Economics or similar field from an accredited university
• Project management experience that shows how to organize, find solutions and follow through to a successful conclusion
• Deep proficiency in Forecast Modeling and Data manipulation
• Must be highly proficient in written and oral communications and be able to produce concise, relevant, strategically driven documents and presentations to leaders
• Proven track record of problem solving skills and ability to use analytical tools is required while analytic experience in the areas of transportation or network management is strongly preferred
• Must have an ability to manage and execute multiple priorities in a timely manner across multiple projects
• Developing or managing complex logistical processes
• Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematics and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
• Demonstrated experience in working in cross functional organizations
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site