Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Gateway (Zuul, Infrastructure, Open Source)
Do you want to join a small but important team that develops, owns and operates Netflix's ''Front Door'' (Zuul, API Gateway)? We accept and manage all the internet traffic to Netflix's cloud services for more than 183 million members in 190 countries - therefore gateway needs to provide increased availability guarantees (P0). We are pushing the envelope for what Layer 7 Cloud Gateway can do - some of the features that we provide include traffic shaping, DDOS protection, resiliency, load-balancing, advanced self serviceable routing, deep insights, push notifications, anomaly detection, and much more.
API Gateway (Front Door) and other services team owns are powered by the open source technology Zuul. We build and maintain Zuul OSS and leverage it where possible.
We are seeking an enthusiastic engineer who is interested in building innovative tools and features to support our direct partners, such as device, web, playback and API services, studio, reliability, and operations teams. Your ideas and skills will create important new features and systems that will directly impact Netflix's front door traffic and systems.
• You have experience working on and operating either complex distributed systems or large scale.
• You want to build and operate highly reliable, easy to use, impactful systems.
• You are great at communication and are partner and customer focused.
• You are well versed in Java or other object oriented languages.
• You have experience or aptitude for building distributed systems.
• You have a solid understanding of transport protocols (HTTP, HTTP/2, WebSockets, etc).
• You enjoy working with and building partnerships with different teams across the company.
• You've read about Netflix's culture and think you would thrive in such environment.
• Extra bonus: prior experience with technologies like Netty, ProxyGen, Nginx, Envoy, ATS
Here are a few recent talks and posts from members of our team that highlight some of the work we do:
• ''Scalable Anomaly Detection (with Zero Machine Learning)''
• Zuul's Journey to Non-Blocking''
• AWS re:Invent 2018: Scaling Push Messaging for Millions of Netflix Devices
• Open Sourcing Zuul 2
• Zuul 2 - Netflix Journey to async non-blocking systems
• Rethinking Netflix's Edge Load Balancing