Full Time Job
Simon & Schuster
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
• Observes mechanical parts in operation (conveyor/belts) locate causes of trouble
• Adjusts/repairs functional parts and control instruments
• Repairs and/or replaces defective parts including electrical, mechanical, and plumbing
• Lubricates and cleans parts
Sunday through Thursday from 11:00pm - 7:30am
• Tests performance of conveyor/belts to assure proper performance
• Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts
• Installation of equipment (electrical, mechanical)
Education and/or Experience :
• One year certificate from college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
• The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Simon & SchusterSimon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site