Senior Software Engineer, Tools and Automation - Video Platform
New York, NY US
The Sr. Service Now Software Engineer is a software engineering position within the Office of the CIO at Disney Streaming Services. This role will take end to end ownership of a variety of internally developed tools, application and workflows, inclusive of end to end engineering and development of new solutions to new business challenges as directed by the CIO. In addition, the Engineer will regularly collaborate with, and actively support members of the Software Engineering team.
• Take ownership of product iteration for a variety of internally developed Service Now tools and applications, to align with evolving business needs.
• Collaborate with the Lead Senior Developer and Office of the CIO on the development of new applications and modules drawing upon experience to make design recommendations for Application UI and Workflows.
• Collaborate effectively with ServiceNow administrators to develop solutions and handle general updates and configuration changes/requests.
• Build workflows and write automated scripts.
• Build and deploy required enhancements to the ServiceNow Platform.
• Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
• Maintenance and continuous improvement of the processes, standards, policies, working methods, and tools.
• Maintain update set consistency across development, stage, testing, sandbox, and production environments.
• Participate in ongoing production support and end user support.
• Effectively integrate with 3rd party applications through API (Jira, Slack)
• Extensive ServiceNow development experience
• ServiceNow workflow expertise
• Experience with CSM
• Experience with all ServiceNow applications including Asset Management, Service Catalog, Change Management, Request Management, Incident and Release Management, Web Services
• Self-learner, independent, and have outstanding problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills