Senior Software Engineering Tech Lead
Stockport, United Kingdom
We're looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer experience.
We seek an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Product Manager to help lead our efforts in delivering optimizing quality of streaming experience via instrumentation of our applications, at scale. Reporting to Associate Director, Media Product , and part of the rapidly growing Media Product Team, this job will be based out of our Stockport, UK office.
The role coordinates closely with engineering, operational, and data teams to define requirements, drive execution, and inform the broader roadmap, with a focus on data instrumentation and reporting. Derived insights about quality of experience inform business and product priorities, and ensure operational performance. The function is critical to ensuring that consumers have a magical experience across all streaming devices.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, resourceful, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. Additionally, experience in working with multiple teams and stakeholders is key.
You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The ideal candidate makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, and can build trust with all areas of the business.
• Work with stakeholders to establish and identify product goals and define product roadmap and KPIs.
• Partner with Disney Streaming Services engineering teams to identify new product and process opportunities to drive the best possible media experience for viewers, facilitated by an efficient, visible, and capable instrumentation and integration.
• Collaborate with engineering teams to translate product requirements into actionable stories using an Agile product development process.
• Work closely with engineering, data, and operational teams to define requirements, processes, and execution strategies in order to maximize the integrity, utility, and value of QoE data.
• You have experience in product management within video streaming or related industries.
• You have a high-level technical understanding of media delivery and application architectures.
• You demonstrate strong strategic aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making.
• You have an obsession with making customers happy, and strong opinions about good customer experience.
• You have a demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations.
• You have a strong attention to detail, yet with the ability to take a step back and understand the bigger picture.
• You've demonstrated successful experience building and executing product roadmaps aligned with business requirements and technology capabilities in global businesses.
• You've demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas.
• You have a strong understanding of the need for quality and have some experience in working with, and helping enhance QA processes, to ensure quality of deliverables.
• You know when to escalate issues expediently and accurately when blockers arise.
• A technical background in media delivery and/or video playback is preferred.
• Strategic insight into the current video streaming landscape and an understanding of current trends.
• Direct product management experience in one or more aspects of live and/or VOD media delivery, including instrumentation to support data analytics needs.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site