Full Time Job
Diamond Diaspora Media
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Are you the Ideal Candidate?
- You are Accountable: You are capable of juggling and prioritizing multiple projects with different deadlines
- You are Adaptability: You handle a changing environment with flexibility and grace while always focusing on end-goal
- You are Assertive: You exhibit positivity and confidence in expressing your views
- You are Creative: You actively use existing knowledge-set and seek out new information to use in innovative ways to present our content using video
- You are Detail Oriented: You pays attention to the details and make a conscious effort to understand root causes of success, and loses
- You have an Entrepreneurial/Get it Done Attitude: You have the ability to multitask in a competitive and fast-paced working environment
- You have a Growth Mindset: You are confident that you can learn new things to improve outcomes
- You are Intrinsically Motivated: You derive pleasure from work and align purpose and play to maximize performance
- You are Self-Determined: You are motivated to act in alignment with the company’s goals without a push from others
The Ideal Candidate for the Supervising Producer role will play a key role at DDM to oversee the deliverables, output, and performance of the content creators to ensure they produce content that elevates our purpose and engages our audience. The ideal candidate must be passionate about multi-media, video strategy, and storytelling. This person will be on the ground floor of helping to build a new team and must have experience with supervising content creators and editing their content. They will be able to establish processes that will allow the team to create content in the most effective and efficient way possible.
Is this you? If so, read on...
To be successful in this role you must meet the minimum qualifications:
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant experience in writing and producing projects online, for television, or cable television
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent experience required
- Deep knowledge of industry benchmarks as well as production estimate
- Ability to juggle multiple productions projects and manage a large workload
- Ability to work independently and collectively with a team to achieve goals established in a team environment
In response to COVID-19 The Supervising Producer role is currently remote. However, if hired you will be expected to relocate to DDM’s headquarters in Atlanta, GA in the future. Appropriate notice will be provided.
Diamond Diaspora Media
Diamond Diaspora Media is a narrative Company. We publish narratives intentionally and specifically to enlighten and transform the world. Come join the #1 Black-Owned digital news source in the nation. Our digital media platform AtlantaBlackStar.com is looking for rock stars to help us grow to #1 in the world!
Our CORE VALUES are paramount and guide us as a leading voice in the media space, we prioritize serving the needs of Black people with the commitment to build outstanding Black-owned and operated institutions. We have a lifelong commitment to purposeful growth and value the pursuit of audacious goals.